A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
I am doing a tutorial that calls for this and I am totally in the dark, please help

It says to make a new folder in the layers palette...how do you do that????
then it says to put the next several layers into the folder..how do you do that????

Thanks in advance for any help
Suzi,

In CS3 there is a Group function that allows to - well Group Layers - do a Help, layers folder!
John
I found the group thingy but it says folder??? Come on John you must know the answer to this!!!!! Hey, the help thing actually worked for a change. I got the answer to my questions. Thanks for directing me there, John. Usually help is not very helpful but was this time.
It is a Folder. Wouldn't you know that Adobe would make it complicated.

When you group, you will see a folder type thingy in the layers palette. (Thingy is the technical term). :thumbsup:

You click select multiple layers, then do a Layers, Group Layers (you may have to do a Show all Menu Items).
John
Show all menu??? you lost me there, John.
For some strange reason, when I start CS3 up and click on say the File menu, I get a Show All Menu Items at the bottom of the list.

I get it on all of my lists, cant figure out how to make it stick.

There is a Edit, Menus command that I go to where I have created an All On set and it sticks with that for a while, then reverts back to the abbreviated list.
John
I don't have that. Do I need it turned on or can I live without it
I think the question is do you ever get the Show All Menu Items at the bottom of the drop down menus. I got tired of clicking it to get at items I wanted and settled on the route of creating a new set with the Show All equivalent.

I spent about an hour on the phone with Adobe and gave up when I got disconnected. so this works.
John
I don't remember ever seeing it, John. But then again I never really looked.
I originally did a trial download of CS3, then bought the licence.

There are a number of weird things - like the Show All, and the fact that it seems to keep loosing the fact that I have registered the software - spent an hour over that one also and also got disconnected. A couple of other funny things that I had to do some registry tweaking to fix up - like droplets, so there are some odd things going on.

If ever I upgrade, I will ask for a CD/DVD delivery.
John
12 posts Page 1 of 2