A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm "Here for the Party" but I may be "Late for the Party" once again. Has anyone noticed/tried Panos OOB+ action available here:
http://www.panosfx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=204&Itemid=27

He even has a video (no sound) explaining how to use it. Looks interesting with a load of adjustments possible. Of course, you still have to make the selection for the OOB area. I'm going to give it a try (I'll report back after I do) but I'm interested in anyone else's experience.

NOTE: The action is for CS2/CS3 only. And, did I say it is "FREE"!
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
I saw it there, Amy but have not tried it yet. Let me know how it goes. Better yet post an example
Here's a quick OOB using Panos Action. As I said before you obviously have to make the selection for the OOB area yourself. Other items you control are the width of the border, the perspective, the drop shadow and the background. The action leaves all the layers intact so that you can easily make adjustments. I did this OOB in only about 5 mins. using all of the defaults. Again, I didn't spend a lot of time on the selection so it is far from perfect. All-in-all I would say the action is excellent.

Panos-OOB-1.jpg
Panos-OOB-1.jpg (77.73 KiB) Viewed 6968 times
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
Oh that's cool Amy, I will go have a look! Thanks for the link!
Thanks, Amy, I will be getting it also.
I just watched the video, and it does look really good. I did notice it is under Photoshop actions, and not Photoshop Elements actions. Can anyone tell me if this action will work under Elements?

Thank you very much!
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
This does work in elements. But you have to make a psd file size .889 x .889 72 resolution with the layer named the exact same as the action. No background layer. Same as thumb.psd put it in the folder with the action.
When my friend's daughter was sworn in as a brand new attorney, I used the OOB in PSE 5.0 to celebrate! I didn't make any special adjustments. I just followed the directions and was happy with the end result.

Attachments

[size=150][b][color=#4000BF]Linda[/color][/b][/size]
[url=http://www.tootie501.blogspot.com][color=#0000BF]my blog[/color][/url]
[url=http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/?user_id=14677]EIGHT galleries and counting...[/url]
That looks fantastic. I must be thinking of another one i downloaded, sometimes they dont come with a thumb psd and in pse4 you need this i dont think you need it for pse 5 or higher.
9 posts Page 1 of 1