A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I created an HDR image using the merge to HDR in CS4. I can do nothing with the photo. Most everything is greyed out. I even saved it as a Tiff file and still no-go. I'm probably missing a step somewhere but darned if I know what???? Any ideas anyone?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Are you talking about your filters?? If so, change this and try. Image>mode, switch to 8 bit, see if that helps. Or even 16 bit, I can't remember off hand what photoshop change the bit to. But 8 should do it for sure
Hi Chas,

The image coming out of HDR merge via Bridge is a 32 bit "radiance" file.

Suzi has it, but there is a special route to take with HDR files - a HDR toning dialogue bix will appear. Best conversion method is usually Local Adaptation. A word of warning - the radiance files are very large and unless you have a fast processor, it will take time for the changes to be displayed on-screen.
John
Applied Suzi's fix and all is well.
Thanks to the both of you.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas,

8 bit or 16 bit doesn't matter so much, but I believe the recommendation is to convert 32 bit HDR (Radiance) file to 16 bit. The recommendation though is to use the Local Adaptation method as it gives the most flexibility in converting the 32 bit HDR file to either 8 or 16 bit. Check out the options in the drop down menu.
John
5 posts Page 1 of 1