A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I know there are at least a couple of us that are fairly new to CS5. So I thought we could have a running thread.
For questions and such.

One of the things that is bothering the heck out of me is this...
When I select the rectangle marquee tool and make a selection. I can right click and feather is an option BUT if I use the tool around the entire image to draw a vignette. Feather is grayed out. What the heck? :o
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, I looked up vignette in the book "Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks" for CS5.

Here are the steps it recommended.

1- Open the photo with camera raw. you can do this with any photo [jpg, tiff, whatever]
2- Click the lens correction tab
3- Click and drag slider to the left for a dark edged vignette effect.
4- Click and drag the midpoint slider
5- Click "Open Image" to open the file in CS5 for final editing or output.
That would work Russ but that is not how I do mine, I like to make my selection after I have cropped for print and I like to use the multiply blend mode. I can do it, but with CS5, I have to put my feather size in the top tool bar. It won't let me right click and choose a size. Just seems like a funny thing for them to change? :doh:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
[quote="kimi_boo"]I know there are at least a couple of us that are fairly new to CS5. So I thought we could have a running thread.
For questions and such.

I love the idea of a running thread,
ok Judy.... chime in. :biggrin: :biggrin:
I find my time so limited these days, I am sure there are all kind of goodies I am missing?
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi i think you are a step ahead of me. Cs5 is my first version of photoshop. Your post taught me something new. I did not know i could right click on it and get a menu! tee hee i know i will have questions. I just started winging it . I am working on learning actions right now.
Kimi, wish I could help with your question, but I still have CS3 & I've always added the feather the way you are doing so now.

Judy, Actions are such a time saver. You sure picked a good feature to focus on. Good luck with the CS5 learning curve.

Betty
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Judy.... you learn something new everyday. :woohoo:

Now why the heck is my signature doing that??????????? :o :o
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
For some reason, this gets reset from time to time.

Click on User Control Panel, Profile, Edit Signature and make sure it looks like this.

options.jpg
options.jpg (94.81 KiB) Viewed 4742 times
John
That was it John. Thanks!!
somehow it all got reset?
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
11 posts Page 1 of 2