A place to seek advice and answers on those particularly challenging issues.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
All of a sudden I'm having a problem with CS5 running very slowly.

Whenever I select a tool a window opens on the screen saying either loading or initiallizing that tool
and shows the progress (much like a download) Then when I finally get the tool and try to use it I get
a very long lag time before I see what I've done. For instance when using the smudge tool, I make my smudge and it takes 10-20 seconds for the actual stroke to happen. It's the same with all tools, brushes, eraser, clone. Driving me up the wall.

And the same happens with printing. From the time I give the command to print, it takes about 3-5 minutes for the command to actually go to the printer.

I'm thinking a setting has gotten changed somehow, but I am totally at a loss as to how to fix this problem. Hope someone out there can help!!

BTW - I'm somewhat new to CS5 (6 months) but have been and Elements user for at least 10 years.
Scrapygirl
I also use CS5; however, I have never had that problem. Are you on a PC or a Mac computer? If you are on a Mac I might have a suggestion that possibly could help.
Waiting for info on the Operating System issue.

My first thought is Spyware of Virus infection soaking up system resources.

Second thought is something reset the Edit, Preferences, Performance tab and has reduced the memory Photoshop can use.

Anything after that is OS specific.

If Windows try looking at system logs, use Task Manager to see what processes are using, . . . . . . .

If MAC - don't have a clue!

Need more details. :puter:
John
3 posts Page 1 of 1