Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
164 posts Page 1 of 17
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 Next
This challenge is open to anyone that would like to try their hand at creating items for a scrapping kit. The theme is "tropical". Beginners are very welcome to join us. If you need tutorials/suggestions/critique just ask. (And yes men you are welcome too! :D )

Guidelines:

1. Please use the following color scheme - and remember to double check the numbers in case your monitor "sees" things differently. For metals use the "shiny brass" layer style from Metal Sheen available at Adobe Exchange. (If you need a link to it shoot me a pm)
Color-Swatch.gif
Color-Swatch.gif (18.13 KiB) Viewed 2342 times

2. Everything submitted must be your own work, or commercial lic or other items that you have the legal right to share. http://theephemeralvictorian.blogspot.com/ Has items you can use as long as they are given away as part of a freebie, be sure and give them credit if you use anything from them.

3. Background papers need to be 12x12 at 300dpi, and saved as jpegs. Embellishments should be created at 300dpi and saved as png files to preserve transparency.

4. You need to show 4 items here that you intend to submit. Once I see that you have done that I will pm you with the link and password where you can upload them. You may submit more than 4 items. Please do NOT share the password with anyone else.

5. Your 4 items need to be posted here by the 28th, and the final day to upload will be the 29th of this month. You will have until March 7th to download all the contributions.

6. Include your name or nickname in the file name so that we know who to give credit to.

7. Have fun with this and challenge yourself to create something you haven't tried before! ;)
Here are some links to places with tutorials that will help you learn how to create:
http://theephemeralvictorian.blogspot.com/
http://www.hummiesworld.com/

There are more on my blog in the Tutorial Archive section
Jane, do you want us to post our 4 items here or continue to use the other thread?

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Probably should do it here - that way everything will be in one place. And I stickyed this thread so it will be easy to find.
I just made an .aco (swatch) file from your colors. I'm just boring that way.... 8-)

Anyway, I figured having it as a swatch would make it easier to use - it's Add-O friendly, or you can just unzip it and choose "Replace Swatches" from the swatch pop out menu. I took the liberty of adding Black & white to the original 6 colors -

Attachments

Here are four papers I made......as I said, I've never done this before. On all the papers, I used your swatches to either "paint" on a color layer, as my base color, in a gradient, etc. Some of them don't end up to be your exact colors because of blend modes, etc. Is that OK? :)
Four-papers.jpg
Four-papers.jpg (173.12 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thanks Graffi!

I'm not going to worry about exact matches - if you started with the right colors then that works for me. :D (Can you tell I'm already getting into that laid back island frame of mind - I'm wearing my t-shirt from the last trip to Jamaica today. )
I've got the gallery ready - and I just emailed Christian to ask for his magic wand treatment that will make it possible for everyone to upload/download. So hopefully sometime tomorrow I'll be able to send out the link/password.
Thanks for your encouragement, Jane. You're in the right frame of mind! :D
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
sarch99 wrote: Thanks for your encouragement, Jane. You're in the right frame of mind! :D

Yesterday it was the Valium helping and tonight it's the Nyquil.... as they say down under "no worries mate!"
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 Next
164 posts Page 1 of 17