Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
23 posts Page 1 of 3
I am starting to make 2 photo books and have a few questions. Before you put your images on your background do you resize your images to 300 dpi first? Also like Kim I want to have the back page a solid color do I make a page that color also?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Printing usually requires 300 dpi, so would resize a copy of images for the book. Would probably be easiest to fill page with the color you want before adding the pics. :chickendance: :cheer2: Icons don't apply, but wanted to try them out.
I guess it is a good thing I asked before I got to far along. So far have only 2 pages made, so only need to redo those. I started with a 300 dpi background and thought I read somewhere that when you put images onto that they change to 300 dpi also. Oh well back to the drawing board.
The other question was about just having the backside of each page a solid color,,needed to know if I had to make a new page for each backside.
Suzi - are you basically wanting single sided printing through out the book? If that is the case, then yes you would need to upload a blank page in whatever color you needed.
Yes, Jane that is what I want to do, now do I need a blank page for every side that I want blank???
Yes - this is where numbering your pages before upload comes in really handy. The system is set to double sided printing - so you have to give it something for that space. You could go with plain color, or a soft pattern.
Thank you so much, Jane. Now to go back and resize the 2 pages I already did. Should of asked before I started.
Unless you pictures were at really low resolution or you cropped them dramatically there shouldn't be a problem.
They are at the dpi that opens in elements 72 but all are large files, so shouldn't be a problem. I also have the OnOne enlarge program (which by the way is great) so can use that if the need arises. I am going to have to use that on some of the backgrounds I want to use. Thank you for answering my questions, I am sure I will have more down the road. Want to get these done in time for Easter, so I better get my behind in gear.
Oh boy glad I saw this thread. When I did Chance's football I had 16 pre-maded pages that I wanted the backs blank as Suzi is saying she wants. I did not add these pages. At the beginning of the order page there is an option to make the back of a page blank and you can pick the color you want it to be. I think there were only two options though, black or white, I honestly don't remember though. You do NOT have to upload the blank pages for the back side of each page.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
23 posts Page 1 of 3