Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Ok, here's the deal... I'm having trouble signing in as "photoshopsusieq". I was going to wait until it was fixed but thought (actually fervently hoped) that you all were impatiently waiting for the Template of the Week thread. Hey, a girl can dream.

Anyway... Here's a new twist to the Template of the Week. One template - two views. One view gives you 12 photo spots and the second view has room for 6 photos. There's also a dotted border and LOTS of journaling strips! I hope you like it!

Layered Sketch Template - Week 8
Here's a new twist to the Template of the Week. One template - two views. One view gives you 12 photo spots and the second view has room for 6 photos. There's also a dotted border and LOTS of journaling strips! I hope you like it!

click image to enlarge

New Download Instructions:
I really love making these templates and I hope you love using them. After much consideration I have made the decision to only allow downloads of my FREEBIES!, including the Template of the Week, directly from my store. You will need to set up an account but the template is still FREE! Storing the download file on my main site is not only more economical in regards to bandwidth usage but also offers more security for my files. I truly hope you'll still... "Come and get it!"

You can get it here.

I haven't had a chance to work on a layout... but I WILL!

Don't forget to post your finished layouts here! I can't wait to see what everyone else does with it! Have fun! Hope you like it!
Whoo Hoo there you are. I haven't been on much today but I have been checking for your template.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Susan, I can't get your newest template to open in Elements 5. I get this message "unknown data has been encountered reading layer "MASK" and will be discarded. Under this is Ok, cancel, continue. If I click on OK nothing happens, if I click on continue all I get is a background image of the template
I'm off to investigate..... be back soon!
Thanks, Susan. I have another question. Where is says click to insert picture or drag what layer needs to be highlighted. I can never get that command to work, always have to do a copy and paste. It is the same problem in Elements and CS3
Ok.... Here's the deal.... I just tested this and it looks like you have to click OK for EACH photo frame. For this template that's 14 times. It looks like clicking OK isn't doing anything but it is.

Believe me, I'd fix this if I could. This is a CS3 to PSE5 glitch. I realize it's a PITA but I think the "Drag & Drop" frames are worth it. Sounds like I need to send an email to my contact at Adobe.

I have a post about this here but I'll be sure post about it again today just to make sure PSE5 users know they need to just "keep on clickin'". Thanks for pointing out the confusion. Let me know if there are any other questions. HTH!
Working on Q2... BRB!
Thanks, Susan. I wasn't clicking ok often enough. I will see what happens with the dragging into frame, so far not much luck with that.
Suzi, I made a video and posted it on my Blog about Using PSE5 with Layered Sketch Templates. You can click the frame to insert photos but I prefer to open the photos I want to use in my layout and drag them up from the Photo Bin which is what I demonstrated in the video.

FYI, I haven't made a video for awhile so it might be a little rough around the edges. Hope this helps!
Susan, I used CS3 so didn't have any problems opening. I must admit thought that I find your templates a difficult to work with since I am still learning a lot about CS3. Like fill layers with masked shapes. I don't know how to work with these and can't move them or resize them, etc. I usually just turn off the eye on those layers and make my own shape or whatever so I can fill it with the colors I want or move them if I want.

Anyway, I did a lot of turning off eyes, OK all of them except background but the template gave me the idea for the way I placed my images.
ValleywoodFalcons.jpg
ValleywoodFalcons.jpg (233.27 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Oops, I uploaded the wrong version. Here is the same layout with a texture on the background and word wrestling.
ValleywoodFalcons2.jpg
ValleywoodFalcons2.jpg (342.8 KiB) Viewed 904 times

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
12 posts Page 1 of 2