Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
23 posts Page 1 of 3
I gave this zip file out last year, and just came across it in an out of the way place on my HD. Some of you weren't around then, so I thought I'd make it available again. Nothing to fancy, but they are useful. There are 15 templates in the zip file.

Here is the link to download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dx36nf

Instructions for templates:
1. To create a scrapbook page, open the template, photos, and paper you plan to use.
2. Get the Magic Wand tool and make sure "contiguous" is checked in the Options bar
3. Choose the photo you want to use and choose "Select>All" (shortcut: ctrl "A") to put a selection outline around the picture.
4. Choose "Edit>copy" (ctrl "C") to copy the picture (or paper)
5. Click on the template document to select it and then click on the area you wish to replace with the magic wand to select that area.
6. Create a new layer (ctrl J), select that layer - hold down the ctrl key and click on the icon
7. Choose "Edit > "paste into selection" to paste the photo/paper into the selection - do not deselect yet.
8. Resize or move the photo as needed, when you are satisfied with the placement then do "Select > deselect"
9. Repeat the above steps to fill the page (I usually start from the background paper and then add photos)
10. Add embellishments and titles and journaling.

Helpful hints:
1. You can change the color of borders by selecting them and then recoloring with the paint bucket tool.
2. Since these are square layouts you can rotate them and get a whole new look!
3. If there is an element you don't want to use, you can use the paint bucket to fill it with the background color, and it disappears.
4. For filmstrip templates make sure contiguous is not checked when you select the background - that way all the little holes are filled with the background you choose.
I remember these Jane. You offered them just in time for friends getting married at the court house and they made great layouts for the pics I took and made a photobook for them

Here is one I did with my brothers wedding pics.

jeffgretw2.jpg
(149.88 KiB) Downloaded 406 times

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I remember that layout - very nice.
Jane, is it showing, I don't see it. I see the text for the attachment

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
If you post a picture that is bigger than the site allows - then it gives a link. Right click on the blue text to open it in a different window.
Thanks so much Jane. I am sure they will come in handy!
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Jane, that was the save for web from last year so it was still at 700, I didn't think about that.

I just checked and it was actually 600x600. I resized to 450x450 and resubmitted it above.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks for this link. I saw it on "the other site", but didn't request your templates at that time. Now, I'm sure they will come in handy. I appreciate all of your work and time spent on this website!
Es
Photoshop CC, Premiere and Elements 13
thanks for the templates i am sure i will get a lot of use from them.
I think I have them already, but will double check to be sure.
Thank you for sharing them.
m
Michelle
23 posts Page 1 of 3