Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi I don't do much Scrapping so I am stuck ! I am using that lovely Scraps of Pink kit.
I have three layers of paper from the bottom Layer 1, Layer 2 & Layer 3. I want to put a Frame around my finished project. How do I do this ? Each time I try the Frame goes over some of the Papers but not ALL of them .I know I can flatten somehow but do not want to do this. There must be some other way.
I have 4 books but none of them deal with scrapping.
Thanks. Storm
Can you post a screen shot, so we know what you're seeing?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
No I do not want to put the photos on the Web because they are of my Grandaughter when she was little bathtime & all that stuff :)
Do you not put Frames around your Scrapping Projects ?
I have my Layers Palette Start @ the bottom of the stack . Layer 1 is Pink 12x12 like a Background paper . Layer 2 ( going up the stack ) is a striped paper which goes all the way from lt side to rt side of Pink Paper & about 5ins up from the bottom.
Layer 3 is 2ins wide & 12 ins long Dark Patterened Pink going up the left side of the Pink bkg ( which is called Layer 1)
I go to edit > Stroke Selection but cannot get it to cover all 3 . I have Jodi's Styles & same thing happens there. Like I said I do not want to try & Flatten, am I suppose to link those 3 papers together or what ? Its some manouver but I dont know which or what.
Thanks for your help. Storm :thanks:
Try this highlight your backgound layer which I assume is the largest, change that layer from backgraond to layer 0(by double clicking on it), do a ctrl click on that layer (marching ants...then make a new layer above that..then do a edit> stroke,,then move that layer up to the top of stack. I just did it using all the sizes you said. Then if you want to add a layer style to that top layer you can. I hope this is what you wanted.

Ok, you want a frame over the whole picture as I understand it. The simplest approach for me (maybe not everybody) What I would do at first is choose the top layer of the picture. do shift-cntl-alt-e. This will give you a merged layer at the top of all your visible layersas well as leave you all your layers intact. Then add the frame to this top merged layer. good luck.
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Either of those methods should work for you. One thing I'd add to Gail's post is to create a new blank layer above the composite layer to put your stroke on. Control/Click on on the composite layer to get the marching ants, create a new layer, then do your Edit/Stroke, etc. on its own layer.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thank you all soooomuch for rescuing me .
I used Suzi's method it was the easiest for me. My fingers can never strech for shift + ctrl+alt+e .
I have made a note of this in my book so I will not forget it.
Would have got back here sooner only got lost in Sunny's 12x12, then migrated to Pioneer Woman terrific phography. What finally did me in was those Cooking recipes good plain wholesome fattening ingredients .
Thanks for the link Sunny.
Thank you all Suzi, Gail & Sunny. Storm
Glad to be of a help. Staying away from any fattening receipes..trying to lose not gain
8 posts Page 1 of 1