Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
30 posts Page 3 of 3
Thanks Shari and Kim.

I'm really enjoying these challenges - it's really interesting to see what people do with the same photos and it's given me some great ideas I'd never have thought of.
Michelle E

Michelle's Gallery
Scrapbook Pages
PSE5/PSE8/Windows XP
Panasonic Lumix FZ18
I agree, this is a wonderful idea and it does give you different perspectives. It's also very interesting to see how people see things differently. I can see where a photography class would be the same way ... everyone taking photos of the same subject but from different views.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Christell and Michele... wonderful pages! Christell, I really like the "cut up" flowers.
Thanks Susan. I used a template from Moriginals for each flower. It was on one of Template Tuesday tag.
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
I had something in mind, but couldn't quite get it. At one point I was close, then made a mistake while undoing History. You know the kind - you're warned that you can't undo it, and you go ahead and make the change, and then really wish you hadn't! I could not recreate what I had. :crying: Oh well, it wasn't that stellar anyway. So I'm stymied and I'm posting what I've got anyway and moving on.

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney,
That is absolutely beautiful!!! What did you do?
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
I agree! Beautiful creation, Courtney.
tnjewels wrote: Courtney,
That is absolutely beautiful!!! What did you do?

Oh no, I didn't even save the psd because I was discouraged! The best I can remember...

I used the coneflower (or whatever that daisy-like one is) for the background. Then I put the clematis (purple flowers) on a layer on top of it and made the blend mode Hard Light (I think, not positive). Then I made an adjustment layer mask to mask out some of the clematis layer - it was overpowering the coneflower petals. I used a spatter brush, large size and stamped here and there, giving the mottled appearance. I used a smaller brush to stroke the petals with black in the mask to let the background color show through more.

Next I decided to increase the canvas size and used the yellow flowers to make a border. I did the Ocean ripple filter and then a Guassian blur on them, and brightened them. I tried to make a white stoke around the main (inside) picture but I guess the blend modes take over because I couldn't get plain white. Then a dark purple stroke around the whole thing.

I'm glad you like it.

Courtney
Awesome, Courtney!
Courtney,
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one that sometimes forgets to save the PSD's. In either case, whatever you did was great and it's beautiful!
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
30 posts Page 3 of 3