Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I have this rar file & I also have " unzip them all " but I do not know what to do next . !
Can someone please explain kindergarten level. ?
You guys know what it is like to have d/l this lovely free kit & dont know how to open it up .
I have to go to bed & wait untill tomorrow a.m it is worse than waiting for Santa when I was a child. :biggrin:
Thanks Storm
:thanks:
Storm, open Unzip them all and navigate to where the file is saved. I will show which file are there that can be unzipped. If you only want one file click it and then click the start at the bottom. If you want them all to unzip, just click Start. Unzip them all will not show up in your tool bar so if you accidentally click somewhere on your screen, don't panic. Just minimize your browser or whatever you have open and you will find it on your desktop.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hi Kim I am doing something wrong still.
I keep all my zipped files in a folder on my Desktop called " Unzipped Files"
Before now if I downloaded a Rar file it would go into that folder on my desktop.
Then when I opened " Unzip them all " that rar file's name would show up in the bottom half & I would click on it & hit start.
Right now this rar files name does not show up in that bottom space.

I just sort of did it automatically & never noticed what was written in the top half . Should the destination that I want an opened rar file to go to show up in that top half.?
I have 2 seperate internal hard drives & at the moment it is showing c:\ > Program Files > Unzip them all.
Destination folder is d:\ Downloads for Elements.
I hope you can understand what I am talking about.
Thanks. Storm
PS Did I read that you had a bad water break in your house , if so please accept my sincere sympathies have been there done that. Hope you did not lose any real personal family things.
Hi Storm. If the file isn't showing in the bottom part then I am wondering if somehow it didn't download to there. It should show there if it is in your unzipped file. Check the file and see if the file you downloaded shows up there.

Thank you for your thoughts on my house. No personal property was lost. The house is vacant and for sale since we moved in August. This is our house in Michigan. We are still in temporary housing in Pennsylvania.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim thr Rar file is in the folder "Unzipped files " on my Desktop. The icon beside it is not the normal zippered icon , it is one of those windows ones which if you click to open always get the message - Windows cannot open this file does not know program that made it.-
It does not show in the Unzip them all page.
What other program free can I use to open rar files ?
A simple one Idiots Level :biggrin:
Storm
Storm this is the one I use, easy and free

http://www.7-zip.org/
Storm, it sounds like the rar file you downloaded may have not downloaded correctly or is corrupted. Try downloading it again and when it ask if you want to over write the existing file, say yes.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
7 posts Page 1 of 1