Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
For no money in the worl can I remember how to load fonts, thank you for your help. :thanks:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
C>Windows>Fonts, with xp. Hope this help, don feel bad, Don I had to ask the same question not long ago!
Saw Smiles answer, here is an additional possibility

Don

Copy font to desktop – must be outside the zip file it probably came in.

Start, Settings, Control Panel, Fonts.

In the window that opens File, Install New Font

OR

drag and drop the font file from the desktop to the Fonts Folder and that will trigger the install routine.
John
Smiles and John, :thanks:
Shalom,
Don
Don, it is slightly different depending on the operating system.
Do a search for "install fonts" and another for "uninstall fonts" if you intend to delete any. Windows gives you a step-by-step procedure that will, depending on your OS, be about what John is telling you.

I was doing this just today and really got frustrated. I have a new 'puter. This one is "Vista" and the only reason I bought it now rather that a month from now is that it came with a free, non destructive upgrade to Windows 7 which I can get and install after October 22d.

I had a file on my old XT PC where I had every single font that I had downloaded and subsequently loaded into my "font folder" -- thus, these all showed up within Elements whenever I clicked the Text icon. I loaded all of these into the machine today. Then I wanted to delete almost half of the "Microsoft supplied fonts" so that, when I was in Elements, I wouldn't have to scroll past a hundred or so fonts that I have no interest in ever wanting to use. Well, guess what, for almost half or more of the ones I was attempting to uninstall, I was getting a pop-up telling me, you don't have permission to delete this.

What? Permission? We don't need no stinking permission!

Oh well....

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, glad to see you are getting good use from the new "puter"
Usually, when I see anything about getting permission, that means I need to sign in as administrator.
I don't know if that has any relevance to your situation, though. :)
I have a friend who is a tech person that I can ask, if you continue to be denied permission.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Rusty wrote: Then I wanted to delete almost half of the "Microsoft supplied fonts" so that, when I was in Elements, I wouldn't have to scroll past a hundred or so fonts that I have no interest in ever wanting to use. Well, guess what, for almost half or more of the ones I was attempting to uninstall, I was getting a pop-up telling me, you don't have permission to delete this.

What? Permission? We don't need no stinking permission!

Oh well....

Rusty

Be careful. Just because you don't plan on using them doesn't mean they aren't used by other documents that you will want to view. I'm not sure how easily a system can handle making automatic substitutions for missing fonts.

Courtney
Rusty:
I think the way to go around that permission busines is that you set a password to start your computer that makes you the administrator and any thing you do is pre approved, I think. :D
Shalom,
Don
I just browsed this thread so sorry if this is a repeat as I didn't see it. If you are running Vista and when Windows 7 comes out (I am running Windows 7 Beta), after you unzip the font file (if its a zip file) right click on he font and choose Install. Pretty easy.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
9 posts Page 1 of 1