Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
24 posts Page 2 of 3
Looks good Kim! Now it just needs some entries. Seems you are getting quite the hang of things.
Thanks Spider.

We have 3 entries now. Of course I did 2 of them to get the ball rolling. We will get Template Tuesday going again this week too to help. Maybe I'll post it early so there is more time before this weeks dead line on Wednesday.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I just checked in the contest since the submissions end tonight. I left a comment and thought I would leave it here too. I don't mean to offend anyone with this comment and it is not because my page isn't winning. The ones I submitted were definitely not one of my best, they were just done quickly to get things started. Any way, the Page of the Week Contest is for Scrap pages. A collage is not a scrap page. Collages should be posted in the images contest.

edit: I forgot to mention before. These are not my thoughts alone. I received PM's from a few members that thought collages shouldn't be entered and winning a scrapping contest.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
AngelicKim wrote:
edit: I forgot to mention before. These are not my thoughts alone. I received PM's from a few members that thought collages shouldn't be entered and winning a scrapping contest.

I hadn't looked at the scrap pages. Went to take a look.
I think the collages fits in fine with a scrap page. They have more than one image and an extra element.

Maybe put up a poll and let everyone vote on what we want the word "scrap" to stand for?
Maybe it could be opened more to scrap/template pages.
We are such a small group and everyone should have a chance to participate.
I agree it doesn't look like a standard scrap page but not all scrap pages are standard.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Well, I don't mind in the future treating collages as "images" not scrap pages. But there aren't many people submitting pages and I thought mine were in the spirit of scrapping since they were not single photos.

Courtney
I obviously need training, or maybe retraining. I don't see much difference between a collage, a montage or a scrap page ... they all involve multiple images on a single "page".

Maybe I don't see a difference because I never had a good understanding of each of the three to begin with.

Rusty :biggrin:

PS - maybe the key to "scrap" is to throw in a few doo-dads around the image(s) ??
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Everything posted last week was real nice & a pleasure to view. :thumbsup:
~~~Friendly suggestions follow:
Since I hardly ever do scrap or collage, hopefully I might be considered as a neutral member making a comment.
If there were many more scrap pages posted or many more collages posted, then having a separate contest for each might be the way to go. However, since there are not many of either (or both), what is the harm in having a combined contest?
Perhaps the contest could be renamed "Collage & Scrap Page of the Week" or something similar.
Should the number of entries increase significantly, separate contests should be considered at that time.
(that's my 2 cents for what it might be worth) :)
Betty
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Like I said, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I think there is a fine line where something is a scrap page or a collage/montage. For example, like Kimi mentioned elements. Just for example purposes here, Courtney posted two 'pages', the one with the film stripe, to me that is a scrap page. It contains a background and the filmstrip and text. Where as the other one, the only extra element is the text and that really doesn't make it a scrap page. Another example here would be

Doing the monthly contest all this time and getting judges for the Scraps of Fame was hard. Many member of this forum would turn down being tagged for this. Their reasons were that they didn't really didn't know the difference between a scrap page and a collage or they are traditional scrappers and don't think some of the things posted as digital scrap pages are actually scrap pages. There have been several reasons but these were the top two reason I always get.

Another example would be Kev. He does collage/montages and they have won Image of the Month or runner in the past. He has said in the past his montages are not scrap pages. Recently, he has been doing some scrap pages using elements in his pages instead of a graphic or tube, etc.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim... I know we have been doing just "Scrap" pages but maybe it is time to widen the scope.
I think what Courtney did falls more into a template.

We have such a small group here and I think it is time to widen the scope to incorporate as many people's needs and taste as we can. It shouldn't be so much about what is what, but more about how can we make everyone feel welcomed and included.

I know everyone is excited about the contest that are running and making an effort to participate.
We should try and work that in for all different styles.
We have so few here doing standard scrap pages, I would love to see it opened to scrap, collage & templates. It might even push me to work on the templates that I should be doing.

And no, I don't think you offended anyone. As the board grows or shrinks as the case may be.
We need to change along with it to keep as many people as we have. :love:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Just for the record, I'm not offended. 8-)

Courtney
24 posts Page 2 of 3