Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi everybody have not been around much trying to get back into things mainly my Photobook which I never finished in time .
My husband passed away on Aug 7.2009 & the whole year has been tough, but now I have to find the strengh to carry on alone . I have Rusty who is 4 today without him I do not know what I would do he makes me get out of the house which is good.
I have a texture paper from resurge which I want to put over a background paper.Problem is it is only about a rough 5 x 7 ins @ 300res.
I resize it in elements to get 8.75 x 8.75 but the res is then only 177pixels.
Also although I have resized it it still comes smaller in ins than the background paper which is 8.75 x 8.75 @ 300res. I use the move tool to get it to cover the background.
What is going to happened when this page is printed. ?
I look for textures but the majority are small in ins though the res is 300.

How do I deal with all this ?
Thanks. Storm
Dear Storm,

My sincere condolences to you on the loss of your husband. I am so sorry.

When you use your texture, are you blending it in with your background layer by using a blend mode? Also, do you reduce the opacity of the texture layer? If so, then I doubt you have to worry about it being a lower resolution. I just use the transform tool to stretch a texture to the size I need and then once it's layered on top of a background, it looks fine, especially if I lower the opacity for a subtle effect.

Courtney
Storm,
I am so very sorry for your loss. It's times like this that I am unable to find the words I want to say. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please remember we're all here for you if you need an ear or a shoulder.

Hugs,
Julie
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Storm, my most sincere condolences to you and your family. Like Julie said, it is hard to find words in times like these but know that we are all here for heart and spirit. I think that finishing the photobook you started for your husband is a good thing and will help you in so many ways. Once finished it will be treasured by your family for years to come.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Yes Courtney I used a blend mode to blend it in with the background but did not reduce the opacity.
Have you been printing yours or just putting them up on the web?

Thank you all Courtney Julie & Kim for you condolences.
This book is taking me so long & then I think when I do eventually get to printing it I will have such a dreadful time figuring how to get it thro' , up, on or whatever to PrestoPhoto. :)

Thanks . Storm :thanks:
oh Storm.... I am so very sorry for your loss.

I resize my textures all of the time. Once you change the blend mode to softlight and then reduce opacity, the lower resolution of the texture won't show.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Oh Storm, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers :pray: :love:
Storm,
Sorry for your loss. Will keep you in my prayers. Glad to see you back.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I'm so sorry, Storm.

Glad to have you back - you have many friends here.
I'm happy my namesake is keeping your spirits up.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Storm,
I'm so sorry for all you went through this past year. You & your family are in my prayers.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
13 posts Page 1 of 2