Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have downloaded,and put in a folder,a few of the templates, labeled Templates Tuesday. How do I get them into Elements 5, and then, even more important, how do I use them. Right now they are on my desktop and in my documents. Any and all help, in 6 year old English, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
Getting them into PSE to use is the easy part. Just open them like you would any photo file. For example, from the PSE menu, File > Open and then specify your file.

As for using them, I'm guessing the main thing you want to do it get your photos into the template. After that you can add a background and text, etc. To get a photo in, here is how I do it in PSE6.

1) Open your template file in PSE.
2) Open your photo in PSE.
3) After you have your photo processed as you like it, Select All (Ctrl A), Copy (Ctrl C).
4) Go to the template and Edit > Paste in the photo (Ctrl V). This will create a new layer with your photo in it.
5) Move /re-order the photo in the layer stack so it is above the layer on the template where you want it to appear. Normally there is a grey box in the template for each photo. You want your photo to be above the grey box layer in the Layers stack.
6) Move your photo into position using the Move Tool. You may want to make your photo layer opacity 50% so you can see if you've moved it above the grey photo box. Resize your photo as necessary; when using the Move tool you will get the corners/box around your photo to do this. I suggest you use the corner boxes to do this so you don't distort the shape of your photo. It is OK to have your photo overlap the photo box shape because the next step hides the overlap.
7) "Clip" or group your photo to the associated grey photo box layer via Layer > Group with Previous. Change your photo layer opacity back to 100% if you reduced it.

That's the main trick, I think, to using templates. Feel free to ask follow-up questions. I hope this helps.

Courtney
Thanks Courtney.

I'll give it a try in the next couple days. I have a ton of honey do's and a lot of my own stuff to do first. I have become the house keeper, as I'm unemployed and have been for over a year. Life is good. This gives me more time to work on improving my techniques.

Thanks again for the help.

Bob
3 posts Page 1 of 1