Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I was looking at the xmas cards in Kimi's shop and it inspired me to have a go at creating a xmas card as a sort of scraplift as I've been wanting to create a card of my dogs (and the cat) to send out. Here's my first go. The background and frame were from Kimi and the ribbon is from Summer Driggs.
xmas card1.jpg
xmas card1.jpg (177.18 KiB) Viewed 999 times

I was really pleased with this card but no matter what I did it looked too dark when it printed and I wanted to print them at home rather than sending them to a printer, so I had another go at creating a lighter image. This is the one I'm sending out but I still like the first one best!
xmas card2.jpg
xmas card2.jpg (227.89 KiB) Viewed 998 times

Thanks for the inspiration Kimi.
Michelle E

Michelle's Gallery
Scrapbook Pages
PSE5/PSE8/Windows XP
Panasonic Lumix FZ18
They look great!! :biggrin:

Nice to know I can inspire.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Both are great Michelle. I too prefer the first one. Too bad it prints dark.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks Kim and Kimi.

The problem with the first one was the dark background behind the photo and the dark grey cat - you can see them perfectly on the screen but the cat disappears into the background on the printed copy. Dalmations never disappear into the background - they have good contrast - especially when they're wearing red hats!

This was my first try at making my own cards so it was a bit of a learning experience. The first one would have been great if I'd sent it to a printer but for printing them at home I think they work much better with and light background and a white border so you can't see the edge of the print. I discovered that the printer will only print borderless on standard photo paper sizes (which I didn't know before) and I probably saved a heap of ink by going with the 2nd one which printed really well. It was worth the effort to learn the different things I need to do to print cards at home.
Michelle E

Michelle's Gallery
Scrapbook Pages
PSE5/PSE8/Windows XP
Panasonic Lumix FZ18
Very nice, Michelle!
I like the second one best. I think the green star needs to be a little smaller. It is over powering the dog and the cat in the first row.

I have my cards printed at White House printing.
A pack of 25 cards with envelopes is $25.

That puts printing front and back at a buck a piece. I couldn't print that at home. And the card stock is wonderful. You just need to remember that printing as a card will crop some of your card off. Of course sending it to print as a plain 5x7 you will loose some to the crop also.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
6 posts Page 1 of 1