Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
I'm having trouble using this template because the hearts are frames on transparent layers. How do I clip my photos to them to make my photos heart shaped?

Thanks for any help.

edit -- I did kind of a clunky work-around and managed to to make this. But I would like to know the best way to work with the template. :help:

Courtney

I used Vintage Angels Sampler from Nore's Nice-ities and the background paper is by Syndee Nuckles (Scrap Girls).

Attachments

Very nice, Courtney. I like your soft colors.
Michelle I love your tribute to your friend! You did a fantastic job!

Courtney, I love the colors and what you did!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
What a sweet tribute Michelle.

Very pretty Courtney. There are 2 ways to use the frames. One is place the photo below the frame where you want it. Then on the frame layer use the magic wand and select the center of the frame to get the marching ants. Then invert the selection (shift+ctrl+I), go to your photo layer and hit delete. The second way, I am not sure if it works in Elements so that is why I posted the above way. The second way is to do a clipping mask. Place your photo layer above the frame layer. Hold the Alt button and place your cursor on the line between the two layers. You will see a small icon that looks like a lock. This will clip the two layers together and the photo inside the frame should be the only part showing. The problem with this method is that your frame color is going to change to whatever the area of the photo is that isn't in the center.

Edit, OK second way didn't work. Try just the first one.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
here is mine finally.

Feb2010WallpaperTT76.jpg
Feb2010WallpaperTT76.jpg (61.9 KiB) Viewed 861 times

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
AngelicKim wrote: What a sweet tribute Michelle.

The second way is to do a clipping mask. Place your photo layer above the frame layer. Hold the Alt button and place your cursor on the line between the two layers. You will see a small icon that looks like a lock. This will clip the two layers together and the photo inside the frame should be the only part showing. The problem with this method is that your frame color is going to change to whatever the area of the photo is that isn't in the center.

Edit, OK second way didn't work. Try just the first one.

Kim,
The second way (clipping mask) could work like this. Once you have put your picture over the right frame layer and linked to it, activate the frame layer - select inside the frame: marching ants - Ctrl V: paste selection over frame layer (your image is now linked with the new layer) - the selection being active, fill with any uniform colour.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
AH HA, that's it. I knew I was doing something wrong. Thanks for the reminder Michel.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks Kim and Michel. I did use the magic wand and got it to work.

Courtney
18 posts Page 2 of 2