Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
30 posts Page 3 of 3
Rusty that is a great storyboard.
Thanks Russ and Judy,
I'm still getting the hang of scrapping

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty wrote: Thanks Russ and Judy, I'm still getting the hang of scrapping Rusty

Rusty, I'm also trying to get the hang of it. I do okay, not great, with templates; however, without them I'm totally lost. An example is the thread "Scrapbook Challenge and Share" I've tried to come up with something nice for that thread. I've failed with every attempt.
Rusty and Russ i think you both do vey neat layouts. I really have trouble with making templates for some reason i go brain dead. :doh:
ladybug wrote: Rusty and Russ i think you both do vey neat layouts. I really have trouble with making templates for some reason i go brain dead. :doh:

Judy, thanks for the kind words. Part of the trouble I have, on making a page, is that I don't have, or know where to get, the fancy things [flowers, buttons, string, pins, etc] that people add to their pages. I can make those things, and I have, but they just take too long to make - not worth the effort in my opinion.
I don't have, or know where to get, the fancy things [flowers, buttons, string, pins, etc] that people add to their pages

Not being an avid scrapper, I can't direct you to specific websites where there are tons of what I call 'doo dads' ... freebies. One of our other forum friends will no doubt be along with some addresses.

What you can do is Google "clip art" ... that's not exactly what you are after but I have used those results whenever I was looking for something specific and, I usually found something.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Russinator wrote: [ Part of the trouble I have, on making a page, is that I don't have, or know where to get, the fancy things [flowers, buttons, string, pins, etc] that people add to their pages. I can make those things, and I have, but they just take too long to make - not worth the effort in my opinion.

Hi Russ, I feel your pain!! I know where to find those things, but not how to find them quickly. It can take a long time of searching when you're looking for something specific. I think that is why scrappers make kits - everything in them coordinates and is often centered around a theme. If you get one kit, you can make a page faster I guess. I actually have not used any kits.

As far as making templates go, I always reverse-engineer them. That is, I make my page first, and then turn it into a template.

Courtney
There is a thread at the top of the Digital Scrapbooking category for freebies. Lots of great sites have been posted there.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3097

Here is a link for a site I get a lot of freebies from. A lot are in template format that you can colorize yourself.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3097

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
When I want to do a layout and I just come up brain dead I go look at other layouts and will usually find something that I like the way the photos are laid out or the colors ... something that will help me get going. Scrapgirls, After 5 Designs, Scrapbookgraphics, DigiShop Talk they all have very nice galleries you can look through to help get some ideas.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Thanks for the heads up. I will, over the next few days, see what they have that fits my personality.
30 posts Page 3 of 3