Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
42 posts Page 2 of 5
Very nice, Anita. (And I'm pretty sure you didn't align all those little squares by hand, did you? :-)
I believe what you need is ctrl +G.
Irv here is a photo that gives you an example.
place your photo above the white square.
Make sure you are on the photo layer and it is highlighted.
Control +G will clip it to the black layer.
Now you can move it around or easily resize for what you want to show.

1.jpg
1.jpg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 724 times

post modified thanks Kim.
OK Irv, sorry, I got my commands mixed up. It is, as Judy pointed out, Ctrl - G, which is the shortcut for Group with Previous. If you select the Layers Menu from the menu bar, it is listed in that menu drop-down. The way it works is you place a copy of your photo above the template box layer that you want it to show up in. The reason I got my Ctrl and Alt keys mixed up is there's a 3rd way you can do it (in PSE and Windows). Hover your cursor in the layers palette right between the two layers in question, hold down the Alt key and you will see your cursor changes to a little chain link icon. Click and you you've done a group with previous. Click again to toggle back, ie undo the grouping. You'll see the top layer indent and a little down arrow shows up in the layer box showing it's grouped with the layer below it(previous layer). Judy's screen print shows this.

This will help for individual photos, one per box. There are different techniques for using one photo for all the squares like Anita did.

Courtney
Got it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Gorgeous page Anita. So festive for the holidays.

Actually Irv, by Judy's instructions you want your image layer above the white square layer where you want the picture and then do the clipping mask to that one without turning off the layer. The black squares are meant for drop shadow purposes.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Dang Kim i could not see the item when i tried clipping it like that. Now it works i will modify my post.
Judy, what I do to see the image is close in size when transforming the size is put the image below the square and reduce the opacity on the square so I can see the image under it. Once I get the size close I then move the image above the square and then do the clipping mask.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
How did Anita make her beautiful page with just one photo for all the squares ?
Thanks. Storm
:thanks:
Storm, I merged all the squares onto one layer, pasted a photo on top and created a clipping mask. Hope that was clear.

Anita
Thank you Anita I will have a go this evening.
Storm :)
42 posts Page 2 of 5