Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
42 posts Page 4 of 5
Russinator wrote:
westiemom wrote: Storm, I merged all the squares onto one layer, pasted a photo on top and created a clipping mask. Hope that was clear. Anita

I'm off to try it.

I'm not doing something correctly. I'm using CS5 on an iMac if that means anything. I get the photo below. My sunrise photo hides everything under it, which is what I expected would happen, but hoped that I was wrong.

Russ, once you resize our sunset image to over all the squares, do the clipping mask and the sunset photo will be in the squares. Hope that makes since.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
AngelicKim wrote: Russ, once you resize our sunset image to over all the squares, do the clipping mask and the sunset photo will be in the squares. Hope that makes since.

It only works if all the squares are covered? I wouldn't have guessed that. I'm off to give it a try.

Thanks for the help - Russ
AngelicKim wrote: Russ, once you resize our sunset image to over all the squares, do the clipping mask and the sunset photo will be in the squares. Hope that makes since.

Thanks for taking the time to help a fat, wrinkled up old man with a small pea for a brain.

Now I'll see what I can do with my new found knowledge - starting with this thread.

Russ, thats awesome. If you want the sunset image smaller in the center like you have in the image above so you can add other images too just select the squares that the sunset photo would fit in and merge them together below your image. Then you can add other images to the other squares.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
AngelicKim wrote: Russ, thats awesome. If you want the sunset image smaller in the center like you have in the image above so you can add other images too just select the squares that the sunset photo would fit in and merge them together below your image. Then you can add other images to the other squares.

I hadn't thought of doing it that way, but I love the idea. I'll work on it in the morning.
I still cannot do this like Anita toild me.
1-I do Layer > Merge Visible & get one layer with the Red bkg & all the little squares on it
2-I copy & paste a photo 300res above this layer which completly covers the whole of the red bkg & all the little squares.
3-I go Layer > group with previous & in the layers pallete the pic moves to the right & I have the little down kind arrow on the rt side of the pic .
Nothing has changed.
In my workspace the photo still completly covers the red bkg with the little squares.
I must have a much smaller pea sized brain than you Russ :)
What on earth am I doing wrong?
Using PSE 4 on XP.
Storm
Put all your white squares above the black ones. Merge the white squares together. Now place your photo above this layer. And group the photo layer with the white square layer.
Thank you so much Judy I finally got it. :woohoo:
I have been trying to do this Template every day since last Weds.
Storm
So glad it worked for you. Persistence pays off.
42 posts Page 4 of 5