Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
tnjewels wrote: Yay Russ you did it!! Great template! As soon as I'm done with my JS homework I'll do a layout with your template. Do you want to do another template next week or is it Irv's turn?

I'm happy you liked the template. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Irv is overloaded this week. Not a chance of playing with a template. And Irv really doesn't know how to go about creating one, anyway. MAYBE next week. :shock:
OK, Irv is off the hook for one week and one week only. :rotfl:

I will post next week unless someone else wants to and Irv can post on the 22nd.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I'm going to need a little help. How does one create frames that will work with a clipping mask? (Am I even asking the question right?) So you can clip a layer to it and have it show through. And can that even be done in PSE 7?

Maybe there are tutorials available for such things?
Well now, talk about a loaded question. lol There are so many ways to answer that. It really depends on what you are really want to do. For a template you really don't need to make any layer with a clipping a mask. If you want to make a shape or frame someone can use the clipping mask for in their layout there is nothing special for you to do in the template. You can use the custom shape tool to make the frame as a solid frame shape or any object you the shape to be. Most know that a solid shape in a template is best to link your photo to it by using a clipping mask. A regular frame doesn't even need to use a clipping mask. You just add your photo below it. To make a frame like a picture frame just make the shape you want and cut out the center.

I can't answer the question on clipping mask in Elements 7. I haven't used Elements since version 5 and don't remember if you could do it in that v5. I think there was a work around to do one but again, I don't really remember.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I was playing around with these wooden doors & Russ, I remembered your frames. I love the texture that they create. I started with the photo so it is not a 12x12 size & used a frame for my border.
wooden doors.jpg
wooden doors.jpg (54.8 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Christell, I love what you made with those frames.
tnjewels wrote: Irv,
I love your layout .... very creative! I like how the textures of the coins showed in the detail of your photos, very cool!

I don't know where my head has been but I just realized you're from Omaha. I have a niece who is a special education teacher there. I believe she lives in Bellevue.

Julie,

Somehow I missed this post of yours a couple of weeks ago.

Small world. My wife works as a special ed paraprofessional for Omaha Public Schools.

Thanks for the kind words.

Irv
OOPS, sorry Russ, I totally forgot to do this one.

JacobTTT-#119w.jpg
JacobTTT-#119w.jpg (58.08 KiB) Viewed 1270 times

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
19 posts Page 2 of 2