Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
12 posts Page 2 of 2
That's exactly it, Kim. Makes all the sense in the world.

I skimmed back thru my folder of templates, just letting the cursor rest over each of the PSD files which will display size info. The plain ones in shades of gray or muted colors are always significantly smaller.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
If you look at the template size and then look at the size of your psd for your finished page you will see a significant difference in size not only only because of the image/images you use but the colors and elements and texture will effect it as well. For example, this weeks template is 3.70 MB, with the one image I used the .psd for the finished page is 184 MB while my finished .jpg is only 6.60 MB. My background and each corner are papers from a kit that instead of of sizing them down to 3x3 inch I left them at 12x12 and used a clipping mask to the corner shapes. If I had resized them and then used the clipping mask then size wouldn't have been so large.

If you are concerned with the space the files are using on computer, resize the template to 200 ppi or smaller after you download it. You can always take it back to 300 when you make you page.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
12 posts Page 2 of 2