Share ideas, layouts and resources about scrapping and memory management.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
A little change to make things interesting this week.

Download the free kit from Scrapgirls. You don't have to register, links on description page of kit.

Find a free template in the freebies section of Oscraps boutique. Again, you don't have to register, links on description page.

Let's see what you come up with!!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, thanks for the links.

I think I understand what each Scrapgirl file contains, except for SG_ANarrative_Alpha_WA. File size: 54.6 MB What is in this one?

What would be contained in this file: SG_ScrapSimple_Instructions file size: 27.0 MB. It sure
seems like a large file for instructions :)

It looks like everything would add up to near 200 mb.

SG_1_LicenseTerms File size: 0.0 MB
SG_ANarrative_Emb File size: 53.0 MB
SG_ANarrative_Paper File size: 55.9 MB

I'm still looking at the oscrapes freebies. A lot there !
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
I'll likely use a quick page from oscraps.
Thanks
Betty
SG_ANarrative_Alpha_WA. File size: 54.6 MB is an Alpha file ... alphabet
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
bjt wrote: Julie, thanks for the links.

I think I understand what each Scrapgirl file contains, except for SG_ANarrative_Alpha_WA. File size: 54.6 MB What is in this one?

What would be contained in this file: SG_ScrapSimple_Instructions file size: 27.0 MB. It sure
seems like a large file for instructions :)

It looks like everything would add up to near 200 mb.

SG_1_LicenseTerms File size: 0.0 MB
SG_ANarrative_Emb File size: 53.0 MB
SG_ANarrative_Paper File size: 55.9 MB

I'm still looking at the oscrapes freebies. A lot there !

Hi Betty, the instruction file is a 191 page pdf file that is an instruction manual on doing scrapping things in Photoshop and Elements as well as many other things. They were just nice enough to include this emanual in the free kit. You don't have to download it if you don't want to but if you want to learn more about scrapping and some other things to do in Photoshop and Elements it is a great resource to learn from.

The other files sizes are really not that large considering. You have a file for papers that is 55.9 MB. This folder contains 10 papers that are 12x12 inch at 300 ppi. These papers are not solid colors therefore like every other thing you do in Photoshop or Elements, the more detail you add the larger the file size is going to be. The same thing goes for the elements folder for the kit. They are pretty and colorful and detailed elements. You wouldn't think an element file would be as large as it can be but you need to keep in mind that elements are .png files and all the blank space around the actual image does count in the ppi sizing of the file.

I hope this helps you understand the size of the files. You have been downloading from Oscraps so I am sure you see that those freebie kits aren't as large as this one but you also probably don't get as large of a kit with as many papers or elements. Not to mention the Scrap Simple Manual.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Julie, thanks for the links. I'm trying to get back into scrapping and enjoyed doing this. Thanks also for doing all the wonderful templates every Tuesday.

Anita

Julie & Kim, thanks for the explanations.
Betty
I did mine half of challenge. I used a different kit for the template I downloaded because the one at Scrap Girls didn't go with the photos I wanted to use.

Caleb2monthswpreview.jpg
Caleb2monthswpreview.jpg (86.69 KiB) Viewed 6931 times

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Awww Caleb is a little doll! Very nice layout, it goes with the theme of his photos well! Very nice Kim!!
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Thanks Julie. Yes, the photos go with it well. That's why I didn't use the Narrative kit.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
10 posts Page 1 of 1