For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi,
I was raised in the Seattle, Kirkland area from 1943 to 1958. I was SO surprised to learn that the sun did shine in the winter when we moved to California! :o

We still visit the area to visit relatives. Our DD lives in Portland. We are now back in Central California after long stop-offs in Minnesota and Massachusetts. Love it here! :D
Es
Photoshop CC, Premiere and Elements 13
The past 40 years I've lived in Milwaukie just outside of Portland. Born and raised in Oregon. Spent summers in Lebanon and school year in Portland during my teenage years.

John
So far I'm farthest north, on the Quimper Peninsula WA.
Good names near-by here's how to get here; just go
north of the Hamma Hamma and Lilliwaup, east of Pysht and Sappho, and right next door to Chimacum. ;)
Ellen
EllenH wrote: So far I'm farthest north, on the Quimper Peninsula WA.
Good names near-by here's how to get here; just go
north of the Hamma Hamma and Lilliwaup, east of Pysht and Sappho, and right next door to Chimacum. ;)

I know where you are! :D I used to live on Whidbey Island, hung out with the house band at the Port Ludlow Resrot, dated a fellow officer in Tacoma and almost went to work for Greys Harbor Sheriff's office. So I've driven that area many times.
Jane, did you know the Nichols brothers, by any chance? They had their boat works in Hood River, too. My sister was a good friend of one of the boys and spent some time on Whidbey. You are probably too young to know them, though.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Did they have a boat works on Whidbey too - like around Freeland?
Yep, I heard they just closed.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
I haven't been back up there in a long time - I'd move back up to Whidbey in a heart beat, but employment is pretty scarce.
Just remember, Jane; you asked.

Born in Corvallis during my Dad's senior year at Oregon State. Lived on coast (Manzanita, Waldport area) until 1942 when my Dad was activated in the Army, moved to Heppner during WWII. Then we left OR to be with Dad during his military career. We did live at Fort Worden at Port Townsend, WA in 1947 whil it was still an Army base. Great place for kids. After that we only visited the NW infrequently until after I got out of the army in 1973. Then I lived in the Tri Cities of WA for 21 years, went on the road in an RV for 8 years with annual stays in OR and WA. We came off the road in 2001, lived in Albany in the Blue Ox RV park for a year and moved here to Lebanon just up (or down) the road from you, Jane. We've got several kids, grandkids, and great grandkids living in WA (Puyallup, Mukilteo, Tacoma, Tenino, the Tri Cities) and lots of elsewhere's. Our kids currently in the service plan to come back here when they retire in the next few years.

Although we considered some other places to live during our RV'n days, it was always back here that we were drawn. A few of the non-NW places on the short list that didn't make it were Payson, AZ, Prescott, AZ, Kerville, TX (anywhere in the Hill Country), and Ashville, NC.
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Gail you are north of me - so that makes you "up the road".... :D

The closest thing I have to a "home town" is Walla Walla, WA - used to have to go the Tricities if we wanted to do any major shopping.
20 posts Page 2 of 2