For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
40 posts Page 1 of 4
I have been on a cleaning frenzy this afternoon trying to catch up on a couple weeks worth of house cleaning. Unfortuantely when you get ingrossed in figuring out how to make a forum work, small children take advantage and well, if you have kids you don't need any more details.... :o

So anyone have a good solution for getting sharpie off the walls? I have tried the Mr. Clean super eraser and that got most of the crayon off, but it doesn't seem to have made much of a dent at all in the Sharpie marks and I've about scrubbed the paint off. I'm about ready to give up and put repaint the house on my to-do list for next spring. :)
My husband swears by this stuff called "goop". comes in an orange jub and has a real strong orange smell.
Jane, goop is good and so is something called Goof Off. You could also try a little mineral spirits. It will take of the paint too though. I can't believe the Mr. Clean Eraser didn't work it always has for me. Oh one more thing is called Simple Green. If it can get tar out of carpet I would bet it would get a Sharpie of the wall.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks I'll have to see if they have that at Walmart - which is the closet store to me.

I have allergic type reactions to Simple Green - it is banned from my house!
You might try Greased Lightning..........there's a .55 coupon here http://coupons.smartsource.com/web/inde ... BY6JGTCMKO
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Jane,
Have you tried the Mr.Clean Magic Eraser?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Thanks Sunny!

Chas - thats what I started with I love those things. But it didn't work on the sharpie, I think they did it over a week ago - found it in an out of the way spot (I think a certain child knew she wasn't supposed to be using mommy's pen) - so it is really set.
sarch99 wrote: You might try Greased Lightning..........there's a .55 coupon here http://coupons.smartsource.com/web/inde ... BY6JGTCMKO

Thanks Sunny. Don't know how I forgot about that one. And thanks for the coupon link. I am almost out.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Jane,
Second suggestion....
It's a product called GOO GONE. It works fine removing price labels from coffee cups. It also works on rubber cement.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Jane, I think this stuff ranks right up with Duct Tape as one of the three or four greatest inventions of the 20th Century :lol:

They do list markers as one of the things it works on (no more kiddies at home so i haven't had to try it). This is what it looks like.

Ooops.jpg
(123.57 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Wal-Mart should have it as well as Ace or true Value Hardware. look in the paint section.

This is really good stuff!

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
40 posts Page 1 of 4