For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
40 posts Page 4 of 4
I have had success removing Sharpie using WD-40.

Learned the trick from the building maintenance people at work, when someone used permanent markers on the conference room dry-erase board.
Jane, Byron is right WD-40 works on so many things. I had a list around here somewhere on what other uses it has. I will try to find it an post it for you.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
WD-40 is a miracle worker. It works great for getting tree sap off hands and clothing and it takes the pain out of stings instantly. Don't know why I didn't think of that for the walls. Although at this point the paint is really almost scrubbed off, forunately I still have a can of the color we used on the walls, so repainting really isn't that big of deal just had to get enough of the sharpie off so that it wouldn't bleed through.
My day is already complete: I learned something:

and it takes the pain out of stings instantly.

That I had never heard. I know that it's the best sticky label remover there is. GooGone, my personal favorite, will take care of 99.963% of my sticky problems and it smells not too bad, in a citrusy sort of way. WD40 handles the rest and smells like, well...WD40.

I can hardly wait for somebody to get stung, so I can spray them and be a Big Hero. :D

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Wags wrote: WD-40 is a miracle worker. ...it takes the pain out of stings instantly.

I thought that was Windex ..."My Big Fat Greek Wedding"
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
I'm not sure what all you used to get the marks off the wall, but you better make sure there's none of it left before you paint, or you might find the new layer peeling.
Gary
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
I hadn't been stung in years then got nailed on the foot by a yellow jacket last summer - did the old baking soda paste thing, didn't help and the area swelled up and hurt like crazy. My dad happen to come by and told me about the WD-40. I sprayed some on but it didn't help - guess it was too late. An hour or so later I got stung again on the same foot! I sprayed WD-40 on almost immediately and the pain went away, no red welts or swelling either. The other sting site that was just a few inches away gave me fits for days.
They make little pocket size cans that you can put in your purse. Might even work as a substitute for baby oil if you run out... just don't blame me if your kid keeps sliding out of his safety seat... :lol:
Gary
WD-40 and Duct Tape; What else could you want? Don't they fix everything? Although if I was to build a new house that was to have kids bearing Sharpie's or reasonable facsimiles thereof, I'd install a wainscot of some easily cleanable material up to about 4 feet. But then kids find chairs.
bouncing16.gif
bouncing16.gif (17.66 KiB) Viewed 797 times
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
How bout dry earase boards for wainscoting.... :lol:
Gary
40 posts Page 4 of 4