Writing this tutorial for someone on the course is proving really interesting. I've done three montages step by step so far.

The first was a simple 'drag and drop'
The second was pasting into a template
The third was using shapes, pasting into them and adding a stroke outline

I've used various backgrounds, including a gradient, explained keyboard shortcuts, drop shadows, added a bevel and an embellishment.

It has been interesting as I've used the Neon Drop Shadow for the first time, and also applied Wow Chrome to text.

After last night, when my mind was so active that I couldn't get off to sleep, I'm not working on it tonight. I still intend to do a montage with a blurred photo as a background, then elliptical and rectangular selections, and text in an arch or similar, and probably another one with a very simple OOB and matting behind text.

I also want to do a simple card tutorial. I think I have one I can use as the basis for that.

Interesting night - I've put my two new girls into a cleaned and rearranged cage with the older ones. Things seem to be going pretty well - just a few minor scuffles as they establish their pecking order. The old girl seems really happy.