For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
2013 posts Page 4 of 202
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 202 Next
DID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT FLOSSING?

A newlywed couple was having difficulties accommodating each other’s habits. The wife was particularly annoyed by the way her husband flossed. He would say “ooh” or “aah” as he flossed. After a week of this, the wife could take no more. She yelled at him to stop. The bewildered husband asked why. “I just don’t believe in sighing flossers,” she said.
Dane
-------------------------------------
Knight Reflections

My Flickr, not the horse
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
Way back when I was in undergraduate school researching in my Military History course on the leadership of Alexander the Great and trying to compare his with that of his father, Philip of Macedon, I kept getting these inferences that Alexander is credited with being responsible for the wristwatch. That seemed strange, considering that Alexander lived in the 350BC era. So, being curious, I diverted a bit from the leadership aspects and started trying to find out about the wristwatch. As it turns out, Alexander was trying to figure out a way to coordinate his attacks between his widespread forces while chasing the Persians across those hot arid lands. After all sun dials were kind of cumbersome. So, he got his engineers, his accountants, and commanders together and put them to work to find him a way to coordinate attacks. After many attempts and false starts his engineers discovered from his wine stewards that a particular white cloth soaked in red wine, when left exposed to the sun, would bleach out at a consistent rate depending on the length of the exposure. So! He had his stewards start soaking identically sized strips of the white cloth in the wine at sunrise and tying them around his commanders wrists and choosing the time of attack by a preselected hue. It has come down to us today as

ALEXANDER’S RAG TIME BAND

"Come on and hear, come on and hear..." Stella Kirby
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
quillabee9 wrote: ALEXANDER’S RAG TIME BAND

Ouch... Didn't see that coming. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Well, fdlite opened the door to shaggy dogs. Un fortunately the ones I remember are pretty old requires some grey hair and wrinkles to catch, but I'll endure, sort of.
GAIL
Trying to stay 'young' so I have to post less. :lol:

Anyway, last one from me for a while. One for the road...

A TALE OF TWO BROTHERS

There were two brothers, William and Wayne. Wayne was 4, and William was 15. Despite their difference in age, they were inseparable. Often, they would go to the park together. They’d play with Will’s friends for a while. When things got too rough, Wayne would play with the other toddlers in the sandbox. Of course, Will would follow. The neighbors all wondered why the boys were always together and never seemed to fight. A neighbor finally asked the boys’ mother. “Haven’t you heard?” asked the mother. “Where there’s a Will, there’s a Wayne.”

Happy Thanksgiving,
Dane
Dane
Knight Reflections

My Flickr, not the horse
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
10 Dog Peeves About Humans
1. Blaming your farts on me... not funny ... not very funny at all!

2. Yelling at me for barking... I'M A FRIGGIN' DOG YOU IDIOT!

3. Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly whose walk is this anyway?

4. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose... stop it!

5. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you're not home.

6. The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

7. Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back

8. Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry, but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet.

9. How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth, you're just jealous.

10. Dog sweaters. Have you noticed the fur?
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
I posted this in another area of The Coffee Shop and I thought it was worth repeating in here for people to check out ... here's my post

I ran across a link I thought I'd pass on. I had read the post that mkctlc2001 (marilyn) had posted about a forum her husband belongs to was in need of a new banner. I had gone to the site to look at their current banner and saw this link for "Elfing Yourself" so I clicked on it.

I was sitting here all by myself and just cracking up ... You have got to see this. You can add your own face (up to four faces) and they do this little dance. You can send the link to friends and family for them to see what you've created. Anyhow, you have to check this out ....

http://www.elfyourself.com/

mkctlc2001 (marilyn) thank you so much ... I needed a good laugh and this made my day!!!!!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
The Unbrownable Moly Sink (by the Hairy Simian Corral)

Steve, now that's great. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GAIL
First Christmas Joke of the Season

Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint
Peter at the pearly gates.

"In honor of this holy season" Saint Peter said,"You must each
possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven."

The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter.
He flicked it on. "It represents a candle", he said.

"You may pass through the pearly gates" Saint Peter said.

The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of
keys. He shook them and said, "They're bells."

Saint Peter said "You may pass through the pearly gates".

The third man started searching desperately through his pockets
and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.

St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked,
"And just what do those symbolize?"

The man replied, "These are Carols."

And So The Christmas Season Begins......
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
When a panel of doctors was asked to vote on adding a new wing to their hospital, the Allergists voted to scratch it, and the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the administration had a lot of nerve, and the Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception.

The Ophthalmologists considered the idea short sighted; the Pathologists yelled, 'Over my dead body,' while the Paediatricians thought it was infantile.

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, the Radiologists could see right through it, and the Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.

The Internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow, and the Plastic Surgeons said, 'This puts a whole new face on the matter.' The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists felt the scheme wouldn't hold water.

The Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas and the Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

The Last one

In the end, the Proctologists left the decision up to some a$$hole in administration.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 202 Next
2013 posts Page 4 of 202