For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anyone framed anything they've created in Elements? (i.e. the painting photos) There's a few photos I have that I would love to do that with and I just wondered if anyone has done this and are they happy with the results.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
I took some photos in Italy a few years ago that I had framed after a photographer friend printed them for me on fine art paper. They turned out very well, but it's sure an expensive proposition. Here's an example:
DSC02131.jpg
DSC02131.jpg (60.16 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny,
That's beautiful! I'm jealous you've been to Italy. That is top of my list if I ever get to travel outside of the country. First on my list in the U.S. would be to go back to Vegas. My cousin took me out to the desert and I fell in love with the Anasazi Indian petroglyphs that we found in the desert. I cannot tell you how it made me feel to be able to touch these drawings and carvings that were so many years ago by these Indians. It was an experience! Anyhow back to your photo ... it is beautiful and yes it can be very expensive framing a photo or print but sometimes it's just well worth it. I have a beautiful print called I love New Yorkies. It's of a little girl pushing a old time carriage with three Yorkshire puppies in the carriage. It has some lighting effects similiar to Thomas Kincade. My husband paid $250.00 for the print and we paid another $350.00 to have it matted and framed. I can honestly say it is well worth what we have paid because I look at it every day and say to myself I love this print!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
This one is in my gallery unframed and done with the orton effect. This was printed 20x24 and framed and hangs over my fireplace.
coverbridgeframedd.jpg
coverbridgeframedd.jpg (248.86 KiB) Viewed 961 times

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim,
That is beautiful!!

I need to get going I guess and get some stuff printed for framing. PrestoPhoto here I come!!!
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Very nice, Kim. Julie, you should go for it. The pictures I had framed from my Italy trip are so very special to me. They're a constant reminder of a magical trip.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Thanks Julie and Sunny. That picture was my first time replacing a sky. The original was gray and dreary. Hubby loved the edit and wanted it over the fireplace so that is where it is. Had help from Butch, Graffi and a few others at PET to get it just right.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
7 posts Page 1 of 1