For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
I have moved my PC to a place I can more comfortably work at (from a cold in winter/hot in summer room) and am working on it more than on my laptop. I had my Wacom installed on both, and just updated the drivers on both. Now my tablet no longer works on my PC. I can only move the cursor in the very top part of the screen (toolbar area). After contacting Wacom on their European support forum and exchanging ten or fifteen posts, my tablet is still not working, and now neither is my mouse. Has anyone tried using Windows using only a keyboard lately??!! Well, don't if you don't have to. :evil:

What it boils down to is this: I have an unknown device and a Logitech PS Mouse with a "!" under Mouse. I have an unknown device under Keyboards and the mouse status says Code 19, and something about a corrupt registry entry. (See http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1e3HP2lpUCa6KL3pxdm11WOIRf2nCK1)

Anyone got any ideas???
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
you could try uninstalling the mouse software and then re-install. I have a logitech mouse (wireless) that is giving me fits also. Darn thing skips on me, which makes working on photos very hard.
Reka, don't understand German so can't help with the screen shot.

Have you tried doing a system restore to before the Wacom driver update? And then try to reinstall them again or not unless you really need too.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
suzib wrote: you could try uninstalling the mouse software and then re-install. I have a logitech mouse (wireless) that is giving me fits also. Darn thing skips on me, which makes working on photos very hard.

I think I will end up uninstalling the mouse software altogether if I can and just let the windows driver take care of it. That Logitech software is too invasive anyway.
AngelicKim wrote: Reka, don't understand German so can't help with the screen shot.

Have you tried doing a system restore to before the Wacom driver update? And then try to reinstall them again or not unless you really need too.

Duh! You can't read GERMAN???!! ;) Forgot to turn off the stupid filter again. You now, German is almost like my native tongue now, so I read it or English sometimes and don't even actively know which one I am reading.

I tried that, but it didn't work to go back to that point. I restored to day before yesterday, so I at least have a mouse now.
Reka
ImageMOM

Hi Reka,
I think you should do fine if you uninstall the Logitech software. I've had a Logitech wireless desktop for about 4 years and I've just plugged it in to the PC and the wall and it runs fine on the native windows stuff.

I agree about the bloatation and intrusiveness of the L-tech software, and I don't miss it a bit. About the only thing I can't do is scroll sideways by pushing left or right on the mouse wheel. Sigh :)

In German I can order a beer and ask for an ashtray, and that's about it. I think it would be cool to be so fluent in two languages that you're not aware of which one you're using.

Have fun,
Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Reka,

I had a Logitech wireless mouse when I first installed my Wacom and all sorts of problems with the Wacom. My tech guy installed his Microsoft mouse on I my computer and the Wacom worked great. One thing my tech did do was download the latest Wacom drivers for Intuos 3.

John
Well, I did a system restore to day before yesterday. Now my mouse works, but I can't uninstall the Logitech programs or the tablet driver. :evil: :cry: I have never had a problem I couldn't solve on my PC ('cept when my HD croaked) that I couldn't resolve. If I don't take it to the doctor I may just format and reinstall. It seems everything I try gets me deeper and deeper in doo-doo. And I don't have wireless anything, no Wacom mouse, just a regular optical cable mouse, tablet and pen. If I could get rid of the mouse driver, I would just use the tablet anyway!!!

Can you tell I am frustrated? I was so-o-o-o looking forward to CS3 and tablet on the PC!
Reka
ImageMOM

stevea wrote: In German I can order a beer and ask for an ashtray, and that's about it. I think it would be cool to be so fluent in two languages that you're not aware of which one you're using.

Have fun,
Steve

Steve, those two things are evidently important to know! :D ;)
Reka
ImageMOM

Well, I did a system restore to day before yesterday. Now my mouse works, but I can't uninstall the Logitech programs or the tablet driver.

Did you do a system restore to a point before you installed the Logitech programs and tablet driver? If so, the registry entries for those programs aren't there any more and you can just delete the file folders for those programs. You may miss some of the drivers that were scattered around, but that won't be a big deal as there will be nothing trying to call them up and run them. I'm not a big fan of poking around and trying to "figure out" which drivers, etc. you may need to delete. If you delete the wrong ones, you may end up deleting ones you need and breaking something else.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thanks for the idea, Gene. I tried to do a restore from before I had reinstalled the Logitech drivers to try and get the mouse working again. So now I at least have a mouse. Now if I could just get the tablet working!
Reka
ImageMOM

12 posts Page 1 of 2