For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
12 posts Page 2 of 2
Did you Wacom come with a mouse? My son has one and he only uses the tablet and the mouse that came with it. There are a couple of things you might want to try, as it sounds like the mouse and the tablet are fighting over the same system resources and both are losing the battle.

If when installing the tablet you can go into the advanced options and not install the mouse software that comes with it, you should be able to use the tablet and still keep your mouse if you want to.

If you just want to use the tablet and lose the mouse, you can uninstall the mouse software and then install the tablet. That should work. Good luck!
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene, thanks, but unfortunately, Wacom has no advanced options. :evil: I find it silly, because as far as I know, very few tablets are sold in Europe with the mouse. It just doesn't come bundled with the tablet. But I think you are right about the conflict.

Here is what I finally ended up doing. Since I couldn't uninstall the Logitech software after the system restore, I went through the registry and deleted all the keys having to do with Logitech, then deleted the program files from the HD. The mouse still didn't work. So I uninstalled the tablet, rebooted, stuck in the tablet. It worked in mouse mode until I installed the old, original Wacom driver. Then I rebooted after pulling the mouse out. The tablet still worked, this time in pen mode. But as soon as I stick the mouse back in, the problems start again. So at least I have the tablet (I am used to using it exclusively on my laptop) and can work better in PS.

I would be grateful, however, if anyone has any ideas I could still try.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
12 posts Page 2 of 2