For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Just received an email:
Hello Julia K.,
Thank you for shopping at Buy.com.
At Buy.com we strive to provide the widest assortment of high-quality products at the lowest
prices on earth. However, sometimes circumstances beyond our control affect our selection.
We were recently informed that the item listed below from order #36070744
is no longer available from that supplier. Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.
Your order for this product has been automatically cancelled. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged.

Oh well, it was worth a try!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Are they out of business or just not making the product anymore?
Hi people,
I just looked at OnOne Essentials and they seem to be in business - the link goes to "Essentials 2".

The link originally posted to "buy.com" now shows "Essentials 2" for $48.99.

Too bad, that would have been a great price. Maybe it was "too good to be true", eh?

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
I just checked on mine. I didn't get the cancellation e-mail but checked anyway. My order summary says my order is for OnOne Essentials 2 and still shows that the order was sent to the warehouse. When I balanced my checkbook yesterday online it showed the $13.99 already taken out of my account from my debit card.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I just got off the phone with Buy.com - they are still selling it, just at a higher priced becuase "the vender we were getting it from no longer has it, and so we are going with a new vender." Talk about a bunch of BS!!! Not sure what my next step in complaining will be, but this sort of deal really chaps my hide! :evil:

I'm thinking a complaint to google and probably a written complaint to Buy.com oh and a complaint to the BBB.
I complained, I doubt it will do any good. That is not a good way to run a business. :cry:
I just checked my order status. For the past week, it has said "sent to warehouse." Now, it says "on order." Maybe I'll still get it.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Mine said the same thing for days ... Sent to warehouse ... On order :cry:
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Hi,
I wondered what
ResellerRatings.com would have to say, so I asked them about "buy.com"

Not the best possible news, I think. :cry: Buy.com didn't do too well based on over 200 reviews.

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
I wonder if Amazon.com has it? I've had good luck with them in the past. I just checked Amazon.com and it wasn't available.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
18 posts Page 1 of 2