For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
When I first arrived at the Ace Hardware store about 45 minutes before opening there was only one other hardy soul there. So then I started thinking, "why did I get up so early" and "I'll just wait in the van". Ha - I was the leader of the pack. Cars started pulling in left and right so I ended up standing in line for 45 minutes in 25 degree weather that I really wasn't dressed for! :o Good thing though - they only had 4 of the radio flyer wagons and they were all gone by the time I left 10 minutes after the store opened.

Drove by Walmart on my way home just to see how crazy it was and the parking lot was relatively empty. So I decided to stop. Got a parking spot by the front door, and asked the greeter about the two items I wanted. He told me where they were and I was in and out of there in 10 minutes! Still can't believe they weren't already sold out.

So now both my mom and my mother-in-law will be getting digital photo frames complete with pictures of the grandkids. :) And I have a portable DVD player for the kids for our trip to Jamaica in Feb. We have a couple of 3-4 hour layovers on the way there and back, and I really didn't want to lug my laptop around with us.

It's a few minutes after 8am, my seasonal shopping is done, I've got a hot cup of coffee at hand and I'm starting to get feeling back in my toes - life is good. :mrgreen:
Wow, I should have sent my list to you. I managed to sleep through all the early bird specials. I guess a stomach full of turkey and getting up at 5 am just don't mix. :D
Rob, you beat me to it. was going to suggest the same thing
My sister tried to give me her list.... :mrgreen: That is the first time I have ever gone to Walmart on black friday.

Oh and I did help my sister out - I got her a great deal on a Dell laptop on-line in the middle of the night, no waiting around in the cold for that one!
Wags,

You are one brave woman to go shopping today. I'm more of the cowardly lion and shop Amazon. :mrgreen:
John
JohnLGray wrote: Wags,

You are one brave woman to go shopping today. I'm more of the cowardly lion and shop Amazon. :mrgreen:
John

Hanging out in the freezing cold with a bunch of old guys to get into a hardware store doesn't make me brave. :mrgreen:
Had I totally gone insane and ventured out shopping this morning I would have never been that lucky. :mrgreen:

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Wags wrote: So now both my mom and my mother-in-law will be getting digital photo frames complete with pictures of the grandkids.

Jane if you don't mind me asking, which frames did you get and how much. I really would like to get one for my mother and maybe sister two.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
The frame from Ace is a Curtis 7" and it was $50. The one from Walmart was the same price and is an 8" Venturer. The one at Walmart was an early bird special - but the pice at Ace hardware is good while supplies last.

The next cheapest I saw was Radio Shack at $70 I think it was.
Thanks Jane,
$50 is a great price especially for 8".
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
14 posts Page 1 of 2