For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
For our non-US friends that may not know, the Friday after Thanksgiving has been adopted by retailers as the kick-off of the Christmas shopping season. And... many retailers are, year-to-date, in the red until Christmas shopping moves them (hopefully) to profitability. In accounting terminology, "in the black" :)

It's pretty wild; I refuse to go but decided, it's OK to go to the parking lot to get some shots...

These are probably too busy (think so?); I was attempting to convey the confusion of the day...

Rusty

PS to Jane -- I stopped at Ace Hardware near my house, no crowds at all, they had tons of little red wagons (Radio Flyer $29.99) and I fulfilled the mission DW had sent me on. :!:
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Your's must be a bigger ACE than ours - course the town pop here is only 13,000.... :)
Jane, I would get one and UPS it to you but the cost would probably equal the savings :mrgreen:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I was the first person to grab one, so I'm good! :D
Staples has Ultra II 2.0 GB CF cards for $17.98. It was almost enough to make me brave the madness today,but I chickened out. :| Its a 2 day sale so I might go see if they have any left tomorrow.
I was interested in a new graphics card ($99), a new LCD 1080p TV ($996.99) and the Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements combo ($89.99) from BestBuy but didn't want to fight the crowds. I checked their web site early Thursday and found all items on sale there at the same price as at the store plus a reasonable shipping charge. I bought them all on-line without leaving the house and, more importantly, without fighting the crowds. Thr downside is that I don't have the instant gratification but that's okay - I don't mind waiting.
Dennis
------------------------------------
Canon Rebel XTi, PSE5, WINXP
6 posts Page 1 of 1