For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Last week my husband and I took in a little male Yorkie that has been neglected and in desperate need of a home. My friend who raises Yorkies found him a home in Alabama. Tonight we got him back because the people didn't want him. This poor little guy doesn't produce tears so he's got this black film over his eyes because the people he was taken from didn't put the eye drops in his eyes. He would have gotten better and still had his eyesite if they had taken care of him. It just upsets me so much when people neglect animals. He hardly has any teeth, he's almost blind; yet when I held him tonight he remembered me and gave me kisses. :(
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie. It bothers me too. Do what you can. The pup will remember the good.
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
awww, ther poor little guy. Are you going to keep him?? I have a blind dog and he get around just great. Give him a big puppy hug from me.
Julie,
somebody else could make a post called "Encouraged" and say...

I'm encouraged because, in a world where animal neglect is not rare, I know someone who has tried as hard as she can to repair some of the damage caused by some thoughtless jerk, and is giving an innocent creature a better chance than he would have anywhere else.

I won't do that, though, because I hate to sound "gushy".

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Right now "Oscar" is at my breeder friends house. Last night he tried playing with one of her dogs so he must be seeing a little better. Oh, we'll keep him if we can't find a home for him, he's too sweet to just take to the pound and he deserves to live the rest of his life comfortably. We'd have to make adjustments for him but I'm use to doing that for dogs lol.

P.S. Thank you Steve
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Poor little tyke, but a very lucky one too that he has found some caring folks to help him out.
Julie....What you are doing is a "Wonderful Thing"...Just below is a poem that I found.Regards George

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
"A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle."James Kelly
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19724 George's Gallery
Oh Julie, how wonderful that this litle guy is going to have someone to love and care for him. It is so cruel to abuse animals. They are so trusting and loving. My pet peeve is someone who gets a pet and then mistreats or ignores it. Animals should be treated like one of the family. Sorry for getting on my soapbox.
Thank you so much for helping out this little dog.

Anita
Thanks everyone ... you've given me a boost of encouragement to find this little guy a good home. I'll be sure to take a photo of Oscar to show you all.
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, I admire people like you that take these poor abused little ones into your home until a new was is found. Kudos to you and all like you who helps these poor unfortunate little pets. Please do post a photo of him, we would love to see him

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
17 posts Page 1 of 2