For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Jen, sorry to hear you are having a bad day.The least I could do is lend you my quarter horse. He is very unique! Here is will show you a picture of him!
nosubjec.gif
nosubjec.gif (176.18 KiB) Viewed 821 times

Couldn't resist, come on have a laugh!
Smiles that is so funny. I indulged myself and had a laugh, maybe 2. :lol: :lol:

Car is in the shop now......ran all my errands in the loaner car, use their gas since they are taking my money. Boy do I feel like a moron. The guys had a good joke or two for me when I got there. Bunch a butes they are. Doesn't help that my father started it but I know where he lives. :shock:
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Jen, so glad you had a laugh or 2! Boy don't you just hate when the odds are stacked against you! I sure hopw tomorrow is a better day for you! :)
Jen,
That photo of your property looks like mine, are you sure you weren't in my driveway? Then again, we're both in beautiful Tennessee.

I don't have a tally on who has hit our trees but the top of the list is hubby's ex wife who we call "the wife-in-law" :twisted:

Sorry you've had a bad day Jen.

Smiles ... that horse cracks me up! :lol:
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
My bad day is turning into a bad week. Here it is in a nutshell

Monday: Rip mirror off car with tree in my driveway.
Tuesday: Half the new Christmas Tree lights didn't work, took forever to fix
Wed: Dog tangled up by lead and whining in pain until we could untwist him.....awful
Event 2; DVD player (1 year old) not working....husband had to fix and it's intermitten at best
Event 3; Microwave (5 years old) getting ready to fritz out...acting like what you just cooked it done and nothing has been in it all day.
Event 4; almost forgot and had to edit this post. Getting Outlook 2007 issues and having a hard time getting my email.....something to do with small business manager database......never used that.
Thursay;...............NOTHING YET AND BETTER NOT BE.

Sorry, I just need to get on my soap box for a little bit.

Julie, Hope your day is better than mine.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Jen,
Just a thought, but like a lot of computer controlled devises, things go awry, sometimes due to power supply problems. Have you had a power problem recently? You might want to try unplugging the devises then plugging them back in. Essentially rebooting them. Before doing so, make sure you know how to reprogram them. Nothing more disconcerting than a VCR/DVD blinking 12:00. Also, make sure to leave the devise unplugged for several minutes. Might be a good idea to consult your manuals to see if they outline this procedure.

The Christmas tree lights... just SOP.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
That reminds me - my hubby wants to know if you have your computer hooked to an uninteruptable power supply, brown outs that you would otherwise not notice can really do a number on computers. Especially if they occur frequently.
A good UPS will keep brown outs and outages from effecting your computer. The way UPS' work is that they are a battery. Whatever you plug into them runs off the battery. The battery is continuosly being charged by the AC current from your wall socket. If the power goes off, spikes, or degrades (brown outs) the circuitry in the charging unit cleans it up. Meanwhile the computer runs of the battery the whole time, whether the AC power is working or not.

One warning... the batteries will go bad after a while and even when everything is allright with the AC power the computer will shutdown. If this happens you will need to replace the batteries. It might even be cheaper to replace the whole unit.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
18 posts Page 2 of 2