For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm bone dry with ideas and I'm hoping that you guys can help me.

A friend had a brother who was diagnosed with AML Leukemia. She decided to do a bone marrow drive to help find him a donor since she was not a match. She's had one drive then her brother really went downhill and died before we could find him a match. His wish was that we continue the bone marrow drives and also to try and get people to register with the National Bone Marrow Association. I'd like to do a web site for my friend but I'm drying up with ideas.

Edit: I know the direction I want to go with the web site ... what I don't know is what type of photo I want to link with the web site name ... we want to give people hope, what do you associate with hope? A rainbow? A sunrise? What would be a good photo to use as a logo?
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
15 views and nobody has any ideas? :(
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, so sorry to hear about your friends brother. I don't know how I missed this thread all night. Nothing is coming to mind right now as I am still having things run through my head for the newsletter but I will definitely give it some thought.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Sorry not a web site guy, but maybe if you want to pull on the heart strings you could have pictures or a list of names of those who died waiting for a match... pretty compelling and straight forward.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
I'm with Gary..that will get the message across
So Sorry to hear about your friend.
Hibe wrote: Sorry not a web site guy, but maybe if you want to pull on the heart strings you could have pictures or a list of names of those who died waiting for a match... pretty compelling and straight forward.

suzib wrote: I'm with Gary..that will get the message across

I agree with Gary and Suzi, I know you want to show hope and inspiration. But the pictures of those who have passed waiting, sould be compelling and get that motivation that's needed.
To suplement my first answer, maybe you could run a slide show where you show people who have received transplants and survived thanks to bone marrow drives then go to a list of names of those who didn't. Maybe even give statisitics as to how many are waiting for a match. ...that kind of thing. You might want to get a professional site designer to help with it. I would think that they would do it for free; for a tax right off and some good publicity.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Gary, I believe your on to something. That does sound like a fantastic idea. You can burn the slideshow to a disk and then update it every so often to show success stories and new people in the program. What a working tribute that would be. Endless ideas there!!!
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Julie, I too think Gary's ideas are good. You want to show hope but in order to show hope you have to show the bad too.

tnjewels wrote: what do you associate with hope? A rainbow? A sunrise? What would be a good photo to use as a logo?

I don't know where you would get one or if you can create it, but I think a nice logo image to show hope would be a silhouette of a man, woman and child walking hand in hand on a beach into a sunset.

Show images of survivors like Gary said (in a slide show or just images on the page) with before and after donor shots. Show them with family at a time they were really sick and then doing better.

Choose an upbeat color scheme like the colors of a rainbow. pastels not bold. Try to get quotes from people who have had the bone marrow transplants.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
9 posts Page 1 of 1