For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
215 posts Page 4 of 22
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22 Next
1. Name, nickname for PCEC. "Deedee"
2. Family/Spouse/kids (#). Wonderful hubbie, Keith - Biotech Executive and 3 kids: Derrick -16, Maddie - Terrible terrible 2, and Jack Jack - my love child at 1
3. State or Country you live in. California
4. When you first started to use PSE/PS (how many years ago). Started in 2000 using PS for imaging enhancements of fluorescent digital cellular images
5. How many photos you take in a given month. at least 2000 (but I do throw out half)
6. What type of camera do your use. XT and 40D and a ton of different lenses
7. One thing that no one knows about you. I have papers published on the isolation of recombinant DNA (rfb operon) of E. coli O157 and E. coli O26. OK, I am a science GEEK!! Masters in Bacterial Molecular Genetics and Pathogenesis.

No picture yet, I have to do my hair and makeup and that will take a few days!!! and yes, the avatar is really me...love the cosmetic work that photoshop can do.
Wow, this is great and I just love to see y'all....don't worry Reka, my bark is worse than my bite. Just so excited that so many are joining in on this.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
deedeeO wrote: 5. How many photos you take in a given month. at least 2000 (but I do throw out half)

No picture yet, I have to do my hair and makeup and that will take a few days!!! and yes, the avatar is really me...love the cosmetic work that photoshop can do.

Denise,

You only throw out half?... you are good... or are a pack rat like me. Only kidding, seen your websight... you are good. It's people like you and Don Diego, amoung so many others that give this forum it's legitimacy. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

As for not having a decent picture of yourself, I'm in the same boat. I have only one photo of me in profile; the other few are pretty much the same as on this thread.... :lol:
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
You know Gary, I'm always the photographer!! I could throw in a nose shot...it really is a great macro (I just need to be sure and pluck my nose hairs using photoshop)...

and Norma - CHEERS!!!! I'm sitting here at near midnight with Baileys on ice reading this thread. Cracks me up. A great break from photo editing...

and thanks Gary!!! I really really appreciate the compliments. I just started my business in July, and already getting frustrated. And it is actually all of you that has inspired my creativity, boosted my knowledge in photo editing and photography (doing cells was easy, they don't talk back....they just go through apotosis and explode!!!) Many thanks to you all!!!!

Ok, who's next to tell their story..I'm still up..
deedeeO wrote: You know Gary, I'm always the photographer!! I could throw in a nose shot...it really is a great macro (I just need to be sure and pluck my nose hairs using photoshop)...

and Norma - CHEERS!!!! I'm sitting here at near midnight with Baileys on ice reading this thread. Cracks me up. A great break from photo editing...

and thanks Gary!!! I really really appreciate the compliments. I just started my business in July, and already getting frustrated. And it is actually all of you that has inspired my creativity, boosted my knowledge in photo editing and photography (doing cells was easy, they don't talk back....they just go through apotosis and explode!!!) Many thanks to you all!!!!

Ok, who's next to tell their story..I'm still up..

D, Bailey's is a great way to end the evening! And I think you're business will be a huge success...even if it does get frustrating at the beginning. You're pics are just awesome; I couldn't see anyone not wanting to use your expertise. I wish I had half your expertise...I'll be a work in progress forever! But I'm enjoying myself anyway!
1. Name, nickname for PCEC.
Linda, aka lindajay

2. Family/Spouse/kids (#).
Married for 38 years to my hubby, Dan, who has been a computer guru for most of those years. Two grown sons, one married with a little girl (Clara), and the other single.

3. State or Country you live in.
New Mexico, for the past 4 years. Until then my entire life was spent in Oregon and Alaska.

4. When you first started to use PSE/PS (how many years ago).
Started in about 2000 (?). I think I started with PSE 2.0

5. How many photos you take in a given month.
Probably about 300

6. What type of camera do your use.
A Sony DSC-H5

7. One thing that no one knows about you.
I'm pretty much an open book! I'm a WYSIWYG type of gal.
Linda - Tootie501
Married for almost 25 years to a high school science teacher; 3 children (married daughter and two sons in college); 1 grandson and another grandchild to arrive in May!
Northern Illinois
Started playing with PSE3 in mid-2006 and upgraded to PSE5 in December 2006
5. How many photos you take in a given month?
About 300 or so, but I love digital - delete, delete, delete!
Canon S2 IS and a Canon SD1000 that is always in my purse
7. One thing that no one (here) knows about you.
My mother's nickname was Tootie!
tootie-501.jpg
tootie-501.jpg (8.53 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
[size=150][b][color=#4000BF]Linda[/color][/b][/size]
[url=http://www.tootie501.blogspot.com][color=#0000BF]my blog[/color][/url]
[url=http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/?user_id=14677]EIGHT galleries and counting...[/url]
I only just now read this thread - figured it was just for recent joiners. Oh well...here goes

Bill Barber, same (very imaginative!)

Married, two daughters who live near Norma and Michelle, two step-sons and one step daughter.

South Carolina, on the coast!

PSE2 whenever it was that it came out.

Really varies. Some months may shoot many and other months not at all.

Mostly Canon XTi, but also use a Fuji S3800

It's public record, but I spent a little over 20 years in the U.S. Navy travelling the world at taxpayer (your) expense :D

BILLBA~1.JPG
BILLBA~1.JPG (8.52 KiB) Viewed 5128 times
Rob, Rob1964

Married 14 years, 1 daughter 12, 1 son 8

Central Illinois

Bought 4.0 about a year and a half ago. Upgraded to 5.0 in July

50 to 150

Nikon D50 and a Fuji E550

See photo below. (that is really my untouched high school photo in the middle)

Attachments

Wow Rob that is so close.........love it. :lol:
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22 Next
215 posts Page 4 of 22