For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
215 posts Page 16 of 22
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22 Next
thanks for the warm welcome folks, I will get some photos on here when I get a chance!
OK,only just found this thread,it's really cool to put a face to a name.It's funny how the brain goes of into it's own little world and put's ideas there,like...I just assumed SMILES was a guy,and you'r most definately all woman hun!!!!,sooooo sorry for that one! :doh: .
NAME- KAREN MEDHURST,46 yrs young,
FAMILY-MARRIED 21YRSto a gentle giant,phil,we are soul mates.from day one I knew we would grow old and grey together,aaahhhh.We have 1 daughter,Chelsea,all grown up now,(and still living with us :crying: ).5 dogs,3 horses,1 rabbit.
LOCATION-CODFORD,U.K. its a little village in wilshire,not far from Stone Henge,and I'V NEVER taken a pic of it!!.
WHEN STARTED.-First camera a cannon slr film,a xmas pressy from hubby in 2007a very old Nikon again film,only use it for black and white.Now use Cannon 400d all the time,a xmas 2008 pressy, a Panasonic Lumix.My lenses start at 80 and go up to 500(NO THERY,R NOT CANNON!!,I wish).Am desperate to get my hands on a macro :pray: ,and I disscovered photoshop some time last year,and have never looked back.
HOW MANY PICS- some months too many 3/4 of them will be formated!,some none at all,normally cos a great oppertunity presents itself and I didnt have the camera with me :crying:
SECRETE-Don't be silly :twisted: .
PIC-You'v all seen me! on my avitar.
Okay, I'm a bit slow ...

1. Name, nickname for PCEC.
Dane, fdlite

2. Family/Spouse/kids (#).
Married to my high school sweetheart (going on 36 years) Kids, yes :-) We have two daughters, both on their own. No grandkids, but two grandpups. And yes we dogset.

3. State or Country you live in.
Georgia (the state, Atlanta metro area), U.S.A

4. When you first started to use PSE/PS (how many years ago).
July 2007 ...

5. How many photos you take in a given month.
300-500, have taken over 4000 pictures in 2008 in a 10 month time frame.

6. What type of camera do your use.
Canon A630 (point and shoot) on a tripod 99.9% of the time. Dreaming of a DSLR ...

7. One thing that no one knows about you.
Who I really am.

8. Dreams (added not part of list)
Dreams other than to retire,
1. Create a picture book on Georgia (and yes I know it has been done, but not by me). Plan on starting in 2009.
2. Create a picture book on the waterfalls (water shots) of the Southeast (probably been done too, but then again not by me). Started in 2008
3. To have an area forum get together photo shoot (thank this would be cool).

Can you say ROADTRIPS!
Dane
-------------------------------------
Knight Reflections

My Flickr, not the horse
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
Slow, Dame Dane, that is an understatement!!! Nice to meet youi, lol
Oh my Dame Dane. Never realized you hadn't introduced yourself. Nice to meet you and I would love to see your Waterfall book when you get it done.

I would say ROADTRIP and will try if it happens but going to Vegas next weekend so if anyone is out that way, come find me on the Strip or at the Nascar race on Sunday. :woohoo:

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim and Prez, I didn't realized I hadn't introduced myself either until I started reading these last night. :oops: I'm writting it off to old age. :P

DW also said I had to remove that picture I had posted and put a real one up ... thinking about that. :crying:

:wave:
Dane
Knight Reflections

My Flickr, not the horse
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
This is a really cool thread. I never read the beginning of it before. I remember welcoming Courtney....but that was long after the pix posting. It's interesting to wonder what happened to some of the early forum members.
I'll have to give it some thought this weekend and be as late as Dane. :oops:

Suzi...love your picture...you lived in Tacoma 2 yrs? Where in Tacoma?

Gene that walker is a hoot.
I guess I never got around to doing this either! :doh:

1. Name, nickname for PCEC. Dawn (family calls me Dwayne) aka In the Gym
2. Family/Spouse/kids (#). Husband of 21 yrs., 2 sons - 17 and almost 14, one 11 yr. old beagle and a rotten cat!
3. State or Country you live in. Beautiful, weather-changing-every-10-minutes Ohio
4. When you first started to use PSE/PS (how many years ago). 2005 with PSE 3
5. How many photos you take in a given month. When the kids are playing sports, could be as many as 100-200 per event.
6. What type of camera do your use. Kodak DX7590 (my first digital which I still LOVE) and Nikon D50 for mostly sports
7. One thing that no one knows about you. I can't think of anything :|
Dawn
Hi everyone! I'm pretty average. LOL House, dd, dog, job, etc. I work in parks & recreation which is always fun and interesting. I teach a few courses for the local community college including 'Dig Photography and Photo Enhancement with PSE 6 parts I & II' along with some other computer courses.

1. Name, nickname for PCEC.
Michelle - Squirrelflight
2. Family/Spouse/kids (#).
yes, married for 10 yrs, 1 girl just turned 8 and a cute little chihuahua
3. State or Country you live in.
Coastal NC, USA
4. When you first started to use PSE/PS (how many years ago).
Started with PSE4 Dec 05 - CS3 about a month ago...
5. How many photos you take in a given month.
It varies- any where from 10- thousands.. lol
6. What type of camera do your use.
I have a SONY DSC H1 that I love and I just got a Canon 590A IS for a point & shoot with lots of options including manual mode.
7. One thing that no one knows about you.
Hmmm... tough one... probably that I'm OCD.. LOL They just think I'm efficient! :rotfl:
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
Welcome to the forum. Pretty impressive debut. looking forward to more.
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22 Next
215 posts Page 16 of 22