For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
I thought after Jen told you about her bad day, the least I could do is tell you about mine and give you a good laugh.

I have 3 dogs ... a Minature Poodle named Abbey who is about 11 pounds, a Yorkie named Gidget who is about 8 pounds ... and then our little baby Cilla, who is a 3.4 pound Yorkie and a little viper.

Everytime I get a mop, broom or vaccum out my little viper attacks whatever I'm using on the floor. I knew sooner or later she'd be a statistic, I just didn't expect today. Well I decide to use my little swivel sweeper that I absolutely love. So I plug in the battery, fighting off Cilla; I start the sweeper ... picture a little 3.4 pound long haired viper attacking the sweeper. All of a sudden the sweeper has sucked her hair up into the sweeper and she is SCREAMING and YELPING. Abbey and Gidget come running, they know something has happened to their little sister. Now Cilla has decided it's their fault she's in pain and scared so she's started to attack them, and of course coming to their defense they are being attacked by this little hairy viper so they have to protect themselves and attack back. Now I have 3 dogs biting each other and my hand is in the way. I managed to pop the battery pack out of the vaccum so it wouldn't try to suck more of the viper's hair up into it's brushes. I'm able to push away Abbey and Gidget so they don't make things worse by continuing to attack Cilla. Now Cilla has nobody to blame for her pain so she starts to attack me. Oh, I know what you're thinking ... how bad can a 3.4 pound Yorkie hurt when she bites. This is a Doberman trapped in a little dogs body. She's a viper ... she strikes and you're a notch on her belt before you can even defend yourself. So now my little angelic 3.4 pound baby is biting my finger as I'm trying to free her from the jaws of death (this is what she is thinking). I can't do it, I can't work with her hair, hold her off from biting me all the while this swivel sweeper is dangling from her body. I move over to the patio door and yell out the door for my husband who comes running up the deck when he hears me yelling, Cilla screaming and Abbey and Gidget barking. My savior ... he saved my finger from being amputated by this little viper. I sit here this evening with my finger in a bandage, swollen and bruised wondering if I'm going to have the nerve to try and use my swivel sweeper again. :roll:
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
:lol: :lol: :lol: What a hoot. You really did have a bad day, didn't you? How's the viper?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
I had to hold the viper for 4.5 hours because she wouldn't stop shaking. We gave her a tiny bit of pain med because she bruised her leg and if she's still yelping when you touch it tomorrow I'll be off to the vet with her. Right now she's sleeping on my lap. Poor little thing, she didn't know what bit her.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, I'm so sorry for your bad day. You know misery loves company so can I join in and let you know my event for the day????

Well, got the call from the shop the car was done. Great, I just in the rental and drive down the drive way and see my dog hopping. Mind you he is 100 lbs of fuzzy German Shepard and they DON'T hop. I turned off the car and ran to him. He is on a zip line of about 100 feet and the cable is one of those thick wires covered in heavy plastic. This line was twisted up like a tie on your bread bag. It was so twisted that he had fur/skin and leg caught in it. I got it unhooked but he couldn't go anywhere. I ran in got my husband who had to get the ladder do take the line down to untwist it and release him. In me mean time I'm cringing because he is whining in pain and I know it hurts. We got him loose by cutting away his fur and to this minute I don't know how he did this. He has had that run area and lines similar for 10 years but today was not his day. :cry: Copper is fine and I figured he must have done this within a 1 hour window. Still unclear on how.

Julie, it must be a dark cloud over Tennessee for us. Sorry about your day. Maybe we will have a better day tomorrow. I'm going to bed early so nothing else happens.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Wow - remind me not to visit TN anytime soon! Poor doggies! Sure hope the viper was up on all her shots are you are going to be in for it. :cry:
I make sure the viper is up on all her shots but she broke the skin and over a knuckle too :( I haven't had a tenatus shot in 11 years.

Here's a picture of her. Can't really tell how small she is in this photo.

Jen ... Glad to hear that Copper is fine. He probably saw a ghost from the Body Farm lol

Attachments

Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
I know the deamons beneath us............ooohhhhh!

Viper is so cute. It's hard to imagine 3lbs compared to 100lbs or my 12-15lb cats. Maybe if I hold a soda in my hand.........Hope her leg is ok.

Go get a tetnus shot especially if it has been that long. Dog bites are awful for us. My friend had swelling and loss of use of her hand for a long time until all was finally out of her system....bite from her own dog. Make sure you get checked out too.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
I know I really need a tetanus shot but I get a reaction to them and have flu like symptoms for 4 or 5 days, run 103 degree temp ... man I really don't want to go get that shot but I know I need to with the lupus.
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Better to suffer through the side effects then the complications from not having it and getting it. Cilla will probably have to be quarantined even though she is up-to-date on her shots, but you should be able to do it in your own. (Course your state laws may be a bit different.)
Julie, having a Yorkie myself I can so relate to the viper. All I have to do is touch the handle of the vaccum or broom and Quila is going nuts. On a rare occasion she will actually run and hide. Cilla is so adorable. I can imagine how small she is since mine is 4.5 pounds and my cousin has a 2.5 pound male thats barely bigger than the TV remote, not the big universal control all either. I do hope your hand is ok and her leg is too.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
13 posts Page 1 of 2