For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
What am I doing wrong? I have reduced down to 42 x 55 and i still cannot get it in. I keep getting the red size too big message. Help, please. :?
Bob
BOBGRUETTER
bob try making it 100 pixels x 100 pixels worked for me, tr that, hope it helps.
100x100 at 16K or less is the limit.

Make sure you use the "save for web" option in PSE - that will reduce the pixel count.
Hi folks,
This may be a bit bass ackwards, but here's a no-brainer way to make an avatar if you have a gallery at PrestoPhoto. You don't need to resize, save for web or any of that stuff.

Upload the picture that you want to use as your avatar. Don't worry about sizing it. After it's in place in your gallery, click on the thumbnail, which will take you to that image on its own page. Under the image are viewing options which offer different sizes. One of these sizes is "avatar". Choose that, save the image to wherever, e.g. "My Pictures". By default it will be called "avatar.jpg"

Now go to your Forum Control Panel, get into your profile, "edit avatar" and upload the one you just downloaded from PrestoPhoto.

It's a whole lot easier than it sounds. Trust me.

Have fun,
Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Thanks for pointing that out Steve - I keep forgetting that handy feature. :)
I don't have pictures anywhere but on my computer. I have tried it about 10 times so far today and no luck. I just can't get the picture to size properly. This is driving my crazy. I now am taking my grand daughter to a memorial for a friend of hers who was killed in an auto accident. I'll try it when I get home again and see if I can figure it out.
Bob
Bobgruetter
Sorry you are getting frustrated Bob - check out the little tutorial I wrote here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75

Hopefully that will help!
Jane, thank you so much. Having it spelled out with each step made it work properly. I am still not used to the operation of elements, but some day I'm sure the comfort level will rise. Once again, thank you, My little dog now has a home.

Bob
Bobgruetter
And what a cutie your little doggy is! :)
9 posts Page 1 of 1