For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
125 posts Page 3 of 13
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 Next
The Mission at the Alamo, San Antonio, TX:

20080326-_DSC4156.jpg
20080326-_DSC4156.jpg (165.95 KiB) Viewed 80114 times
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Beautiful shot, Gene.

Thanks Anita!
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Coat of Arms on the back of the old Governor's Mansion at Colonial Williamsburg, VA

20080817-_DSC7072-2.jpg
20080817-_DSC7072-2.jpg (161.48 KiB) Viewed 80113 times
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Bennett Place, Durham, NC. We didn't have to travel far for this one as it is less than 10 miles from the house.

Bennett Place is the site of the surrender of Confederate Gen. Joseph E. Johnston to Union Gen. William T. Sherman. They first met here on April 17, 1865 to begin discussions of the terms of surrender, and then the surrender was signed on April 28, 1865. It was at their meeting on the 17th that Gen. Sherman revealed to Gen. Johnston that President Lincoln had been assassinated. This all happened after Gen. Robert E. Lee's surrender at Appomattox on April 9th. Gen. Johnston actually disobeyed the orders of President Jefferson Davis, who felt the South could fight on.

20081004-_DSC7988.jpg
20081004-_DSC7988.jpg (196.76 KiB) Viewed 80110 times

The Unity Monument at Bennett Place, which was dedicated Oct. 12, 1923:

20081004-_DSC7991.jpg
20081004-_DSC7991.jpg (102.86 KiB) Viewed 80110 times

Bennett Place
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Gene, nice photos of some interesting places.
I've been to the Alamo several times -- quite a place! I hope someone has photos of more missions. They are so special.

This is the DeGoyler home, around which the Dallas Arboretum was developed. It is a fine old home adjacent to the White Rock Lake, which was the Dallas water supply in the late 1800's & early 1900's.

hx-dallas-arboretum.jpg
hx-dallas-arboretum.jpg (200.19 KiB) Viewed 80099 times

an old file, shot with an old Fuji Finepix P&S
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Lompac is a town in California that's famous for growing flowers. A few weeks ago my DW read about the flowers there so we drove up the coast to see them.Sadly we were a few days too late - they had all been picked. However, we knew there was a mission there [La Purisima] so we took a few hours to tour the mission.

"The Columbia Icefield is located on the boundary of Banff and Jasper National Parks. One of the largest accumulations of ice and snow south of the Arctic Circle, it covers an area of nearly 325 square kilometres, sometimes reaching a depth of 300-360 metres. The continuous accumulation of snow feeds eight major glaciers including the Athabasca, Dome, and Stutfield Glaciers, all visible from the Icefields Parkway. The Columbia Icefield is a true "hydrological apex," for its meltwater feeds streams and rivers that pour into the Arctic, Atlantic, and Pacific oceans."

"Massive Brewster Ice Explorers, specially designed for glacial travel, take passengers on a remarkable excursion onto the surface of the Athabasca Glacier."

Been there, done that. :D

Courtney

Attachments

Years ago this was taken with slide film, scanned a few days ago to digital format.

It's my DW skiing at Utah's Alta.

I've skiied at Alta; I really had fun there. Great mountain. Very scenic picture, Russ. With PS you may be able to lighten up your wife's face a bit, but I'm not sure since you scanned a slide if there is enough detail there. Regardless, it's a beautiful vacation picture.

Courtney
mtbspike wrote: I've skiied at Alta; I really had fun there. Great mountain. Very scenic picture, Russ. With PS you may be able to lighten up your wife's face a bit, but I'm not sure since you scanned a slide if there is enough detail there. Regardless, it's a beautiful vacation picture. Courtney

Courtney, thanks for the kind words.

When I was trying to improve the photo, with CS5, I didn't notice how dark her face was. I was trying to get the background as good as I knew how [I'm just learning Photoshop]. You are correct and I will go back to CS5 and see what I can do with my DW's beautiful face.

Thanks for the suggestion - Russ
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 Next
125 posts Page 3 of 13