For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
125 posts Page 2 of 13
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next
Located in the historic town of St George, St Peters Church Bermuda is believed to be the oldest continually used Anglican church in the Western hemisphere. The church was not however the first house of worship to stand on this site. It replaced a 1612 structure made of wooden posts and palmetto leaves that was destroyed in a storm. The present church was extended in 1713 with the tower and wings being added in the 19th century.
StPeters S.jpg
StPeters S.jpg (213.36 KiB) Viewed 67331 times

Since the church looks to me to be way too modern and well kept to be very old, I've also got a picture of the cemetary. Now, it looks old. Some of the tombstones in the Graveyard of St. Peters are more than 3 centuries old. You'll find the grave of Midshipman Richard Dale, an American who was the last victim of the War of 1812.
StPetersCemetery2 S.jpg
StPetersCemetery2 S.jpg (195.29 KiB) Viewed 67331 times

Courtney
Courtney, the church is beautiful. Interesting history & nice photography!
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Bridge of Americas in Panama. To see a larger photo open the link below.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/474 ... 934f_b.jpg

To read more about it open the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_of_the_Americas

Higher than Niagra, this is the Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls, Idaho

Attachments

My entry is the Castillo de San Marcos, in St Augustine, Florida. Founded in 1565, St. Augustine is the oldest continuously occupied European-established city, and port, in the USA.
St.gif
St.gif (79.84 KiB) Viewed 67309 times

Bob
Niagra Falls

Courtney, what a great idea for a thread! I'm enjoying all the photos. It's almost like being there. I have some photos to post later, but just wanted to say everyone's photos are fantastic.

Anita
We used to have a Sportsmobile 4x4 camper van. Sportsmobile put together an off road adventure near Moab, Utah. This picture was taken early one morning as we were getting ready for a day of off roading. It was a great trip.

The Mile High Bridge at Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina:

20090308 111 Mountain Trip.jpg
20090308 111 Mountain Trip.jpg (143.99 KiB) Viewed 67284 times
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Beautiful shot, Gene.

Anita
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next
125 posts Page 2 of 13