For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Russ, I saw this photo and had to pass it on to you.

National Geographic Photo and caption by Sarah Jones

"I had just finished photographing surfers when this school of dolphins came through. For once I had my camera with me and was able to get the shot!"

dolphins.jpg
dolphins.jpg (174.11 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie that is so neat.
Julie, thanks for posting that photo. I love watching dolphins in the wild. They actually do ride waves like that. It's unusual to see that many in the same wave, but it does happen. I have been out surfing many times watching the dolphins surf also. One time I was surfing a wave with a dolphin - yes the same wave. It was only 5 feet from me and I was loving it. I have several dolphin stories [and a few whale stories] from the 54 years I've been surfing.
I just think it must be awesome to be out there surfing. It is only something i get to see through photos. Now if i lived out that way i know i would try it. Just seeing the beautiful water colors is a thrill to me.
The top surfers in the world are in a contest right now. It happens to be in France and, if you're interested, you can watch it at the site below.

http://quiksilverlive.com/profrance2011/
Thanks Russ. I enjoyed watching.
Thank you for the link Russ, I enjoyed watching!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
The contest was called off yesterday and today due to very bad weather. They are hoping is for better conditions in the morning [Sunday].
My favorite is this one at about 51 seconds into the video
http://quiksilverlive.com/profrance2011 ... 1E.en.html

I have a couple of questions Russ ....
1. How do you get your feet to stay put on the surf board, I would think it would be slippery with the water?
2. Why do some surfers surf left to right and others surf right to left? Is there a reason why?
3. Have you ever encountered a shark in your surfing adventures?
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Interesting questions i also look forward to an answer.
19 posts Page 1 of 2