For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
:cheer2: :chickendance: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Yeah, what you said! :cheer2: :D

Courtney
I'm gloating today...
DSC_9401b.jpg
DSC_9401b.jpg (130.65 KiB) Viewed 649 times

Rusty

Rusty, did you go Alabama? Congrats on the win.
I sure did.

My freshman year the football team, I think, was 1 and 9; maybe it was 0-10. My junior year Bear Brant arrived as coach and took the team to a bowl game that first year. It was only the Liberty Bowl but that was quite a turnaround ... we lost to Paterno's Penn State . My senior year, the Bear snagged Joe Namath. I don't remember him playing as a freshman.

Back in the 1950s students wore jackets and ties to the games (at least my crowd did) and our dates wore suits (skirts/jackets) nylons & heels. Things sure have changed :biggrin:

I don't think any member of the football team would have dared to pour a bucket of gatorade on The Bear. The first thing Bryant did on arrival was change the "culture" of the team: you will go to church on Sunday, you will wear a jacket and tie on road trips, you will write at least one letter a week to your Momma --- the players had to show the letter along with an addressed envelope to an assistant coach; he would seal the envelope, affix a stamp and mail it. Yeah, those were different times.

Rusty

That was quite a game last night. Alabama really made LSU look bad.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
And my thoughts are that with the BCS fiasco, those were two poorly matched teams. Boise State could have taken 'bama without any trouble at all.
the BCS fiasco

I agree, Weez. They need to find a better "method" but I don't think a full-blown playoff system (a la basketball) is appropriate.

Boise State could have taken 'bama

Nope. Never happen. SEC is just too good.

Rusty 8-)

Rusty, I enjoyed reading your post about the good old days. I wish it was still that way. The world seemed like a better place back then; however, I was just a kid and maybe I was looking at the world with rose colored glasses? Remember the Cuban missile crisis? The bay of pigs? The cold war?
Rusty,
Nope. Never happen. SEC is just too good

We'll see, Rusty. Will be playing Big East. Have already whupped on a bunch of those teams that thought we were just a bunch of country bumpkins. LOL!!
12 posts Page 1 of 2