For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Rust is settling in my brain. Every year I do a new 'sig' with the date (mainly so I'll know who did the art and in what year :oops: ). This year I did the same and saved it in 'my brushes'. The problem is: although 'my brushes' always shows up it does it without my new brush. I go to load, reload 'my brushes' and it's there...but next time I open Elements it's gone again.

Have always been able to get it right, but can't remember what I need to do. :help: please
Tennie, when I open Elements (after a shut down) my brushes are "at default brushes". When I created my signature brushes for 2012 I was sitting in default brushes. After I had run thru the routine: Edit > Define brush from selection, the new brush appeared at the very bottom. I then did a right-click on my old 2011 signature brush to delete it and I got a pop-up asking me if I wanted to save the changes I had made. I said Yes. The 2011 brush is gone and the 2012 brush is still there.

Now here is what's peculiar. If I look at the drop-down menu of brushes, default brushes appears in two places. If I click the one at the top, my new signature brush is not there. :shock:
If I click the one down near the bottom, it is there.

I have no idea what's happening. I guess it's a mystery.
Hope this helps.

Rusty

Attachments

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks Rusty. It's all a mystery to me. After a shutdown my brush list always opens to the last used. I'm fine if the last used was 'my brushes' but not otherwise. I only have 1 default brush designation.

So, deciding that 'all is strange', I opened Elements, clicked on 'default brushes' went to 'my brushes' and low and behold!!!! the new sig brush was there. Closed out Elements, reopened, changed brushes, went back and it's still there. Hopefully it'll stay.

Anyway, I think you solved it with the default bit...or maybe you're a wizard!
Here is what i do. create signature brush.
Edit-define brush.
In your brushes you now will see your sig. at the end. In the brush menu select preset manager.
Select your sig. brush. Click save set - give it a name like my signatures. Save to what ever location you want.I created my brush folder in my documents. Now you can load the brush or brushes any time you want by clicking load brushes -locating the brushes selecting the one or set you want . If i did not explain it well i will try again.
ladybug wrote: Here is what i do. create signature brush.
Edit-define brush.
In your brushes you now will see your sig. at the end. In the brush menu select preset manager.
Select your sig. brush. Click save set - give it a name like my signatures. Save to what ever location you want.I created my brush folder in my documents. Now you can load the brush or brushes any time you want by clicking load brushes -locating the brushes selecting the one or set you want . If i did not explain it well i will try again.

Judy, that's pretty much what I did except I created it in 'my brushes' which is where I want it. That set rests permanently in the brush menu. But, until now, it wouldn't show the new sig unless I loaded the set again.

Oh well, at least it's done and I thank you!
5 posts Page 1 of 1