For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Got this link in my email today. Wow!

http://www.thephotoargus.com/inspiratio ... ipulation/
Those are so neat! I love creative stuff like that. Thanks for sharing the link.

Courtney
Wow, thanks for sharing! I also shared this on the Vioivo Facebook page. :)
That's great, Tennie, thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing imagination and talent like that.

The January issue of Popular Photography featured a retoucher, Amy Dresser. I found it interesting that she is not a photographer ... she has a BA in Fine Arts. I especially liked being able to see before and after on some of her work. Look here and click on "Portfolios"
http://www.amydresser.com/
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
FORBIDDEN buggs the **** out of me, especially after a long post; let's try it in pieces...

You will see, on some of the images, "mouse over image to see original" ... that's where it's fun to see what she started with. Some really wild stuff is within the "advertisements" sub-folio.

In the magazine article she was asked about how much time was spent on each image. She said there was a huge range. A compositing can take 50 hours (some of those in the advertising section) and a standard image of a person is a minimum of two hours. "How much time I have to work on something is usually dictated by the budget. I never get to work on an image for as long as I want."

I shudder to think how long some of the work in Tennie's post takes to fabricate.

Rusty

Thanks, Rusty, good stuff there.
7 posts Page 1 of 1