For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
My new iMac was delivered last night. Today I have been very busy working with it, trying to understand the changes from the OS I've been using for several years [Snow Leopard] to the new Lion OS. It's coming along but it's not coming easy.

Below are some of the things I ordered - Russ

27" iMac with the 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core. 8 GB of RAM. 1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive. 256 GB SSD.
Good luck with your new iMac. Sounds like a real screamer.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
chas3stix wrote: Good luck with your new iMac. Sounds like a real screamer.
Chas

Thanks Chas. It looks like I'll need some luck, but to tell you the truth, it's coming along fine. I've made very good progress today and I'm hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

My 1st iMac ran Tiger OS. Then I went to Leopard and then Snow Leopard. I had very little trouble with those upgrades, but Lion is much more of a challenge for me. Could it be because I'm a wee bit older? I do think that's part of the problem.
Russ,

I am not a Mac boy, but this looks like a pretty hot piece of equipment. That quad core i7 processor is way at the top of the list. Looks like you won't be sitting around at the puter waiting for things to happen! :puter:

Enjoy your new toy! :woohoo:
John
jlwilm wrote: Russ,

I am not a Mac boy, but this looks like a pretty hot piece of equipment. That quad core i7 processor is way at the top of the list. Looks like you won't be sitting around at the puter waiting for things to happen! :puter:

Enjoy your new toy! :woohoo:

John, thanks for the kind words. I am amazed at the speed of the thing. With each passing day I'm getting better at using it.
Russinator wrote: ...My 1st iMac ran Tiger OS. Then I went to Leopard and then Snow Leopard. I had very little trouble with those upgrades, but Lion is much more of a challenge for me. Could it be because I'm a wee bit older? I do think that's part of the problem.

Russ, Congrats on your new toy; you are going to love it. BTW, the issue here is not that you are older; chalk it up to 'Short Term Overload", namely trying to learn so much in a short period of time.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe, I like your idea of 'Short Term Overload"

It explains a lot.
Way to go Russ.......Nice Machine :woohoo:

I just bought the IPad 2 and really enjoy it. This may convince me to go Mac ???? :rotfl:

George :rotfl:
"A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle."James Kelly
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19724 George's Gallery
George, I used PCs for 15 years and finally (5 years ago) I decided to try Apple computers.

I will never return to PCs - not ever. I understand that there are many people that swear by their Windows PCs and I'm happy for them. However, my 15 years experience with Windows was not good.
9 posts Page 1 of 1