For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anyone, other than me, noticed the colored textured work space background used by some of the folks on Photoshop User TV? Granted they are all using Macs,not PCs. How do they change the appearance of the workspace? I wish I knew.....kinda getting tired of different shades of gray for the background.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Not 100% sure if you are talking about the neutral gray area around an image. If so, the directions in Adobe help are:

to fill the work canvas :
Set the foreground color you want to use for the canvas.

Select the Paint Bucket tool .

In the options bar, set Fill to Foreground.

Hold down Shift, and click in the work canvas.

Note: You need to be in full screen mode and viewing the menus to fill the work canvas.

==========
my suggestion: have an open image & shift click on the gray area around the image.

I think one might need a special program to add texture. From what I've read other UI colors can not be changed.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
The shift click worked to change the workspace color. But no texture. Looks like I'm half way there. Thanks,Betty.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
The work space in Elements can be changed if you have a project open. Simply choose your favorite foreground color, right click on the grey surrounding your project and select "Select Custom Color". The working background will be your foreground color. No texture--sorry.
I thought I was seeing things....well, i was. It's that darned textured background. If you go to Photoshop Users TV and watch episode 292 you'll see it there. It's on the first tutorial by Corey Barker. I have since sent an email to the NAPP help desk and they told me that textured background can't be done. I tried to do a screen capture of it but that didn't work either. Arrrrrrrrrrhg.......
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas, maybe Corey is using an early beta release of CS 6 in which a textured work canvas is possible --- likely an extended CS version.
Betty
Or maybe he did some photoshop magic. And did a screen capture and edited it in photoshop. Oh the fun we can have.
b.jpg
b.jpg (30.71 KiB) Viewed 861 times
ok you know me i had to do one more.
cdddd.jpg
cdddd.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Fun & creative magic, Judy :thumbsup:
I think you are right about behind-the-scenes trickery. However, I wondered if it might be video-type editing (after shooting) just to stir up viewers interest.
Betty
9 posts Page 1 of 1